Which truck should I consider? All three trucks are in great shape. 93 international 4900 manual 5 speed dt466 88 international dt466 manual 5+2 84 Mack 300hp with manual 5 speed. Gonna take a pocket full of cash and look over them tomorrow. I can call international while I’m there with the vin to see what they spec at. Is anybody familiar with any of these trucks? And how do i check blow by? Thanks in advance
Any of those will be a gamble, but the 686 Mack with the 300 hp at 250K is the better choice IMO. It will be better suited for pulling equipment trailer. And you can still by parts for it. It's no speed wagon with the five speed but it will get the job done.
He Mack was sold yesterday... bummer. The 93 dt466 was overhauled 80,000 miles ago and I called international with the vin 230hp.
Get more cash and get something a bit newer.....LOL
Still too much for the two Internationals in my opinion coming from a man who bought his for $750 and yes that’s seven hundred fifty dollars. Take your time and look around more. Learn what you are buying as in capacities, capabilities, how expensive parts are, how much you can fix yourself and longevity. Don’t rush it and regret it later.
Well spud monkey I didn’t get a deal like you did but ended up getting a 93 international 2554 250hp with 61,000 miles township truck for $6500.00 aluminum dump bed with 8ll transmission.
Tried to upload a pic.
Looks like a good truck and good price. Gov't. trucks typically get pretty good maintenance.
I didn’t expect you to though you did get a great deal such as I did since yours is for different purpose that will give you a return on your investment. Mine won’t though it does save me money and gives me great satisfaction in happiness even though it has its problems. Great find!!!
It was a salt truck so needs some stuff. I was chipping some rust today on the radiator and found a soft spot lol i would rather find it now then on the job. Any ideas on the best way to remove a broken bolt? The injector hold down bolt broke while driving it home yesterday. The more I look at it the more nervous I get. I was going to drill it and use an easy out, is this what you guys would do? Or weld a nut to the top of it? I feel like this will be a one shot deal if not done right
If you can get at it, welding a nut on usually works. A lot of people weld a washer on and then a nut on the washer. Just don't want to damage anything else. MIG would probably be the easiest if you have access.