Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Which way does Cat roof cab glass in?

277 ยท 2015-09-07 17:38

My roof cab glass has cracked and I'm going to replace it, but dummy me forgets which end on the seal goes up??? Which picture is correct? Machine is 277 Thanks,

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2015-09-07 18:09

    If that's the glass on the front end of the cab roof that's hinged at the rear and the front lifts up then the top photo looks right to me.

  2. #22772015-09-07 18:27

    Nige, Here is the view from inside cab sitting in seat. The rear of the glass is held up by these tabs. One on each side. I can't find anything in my 500 plus page manual! I feel like an idiot asking because I thought I would remember when I took it out!

  3. #3Tags2015-09-07 18:49

    The top pic is the correct way...

  4. #42772015-09-09 19:12

    Thank you guys

  5. #5movindirt2015-09-09 21:44

    I haven't ever seen one that was hinged, was it a option? The only ones I have seen are just bolted down.

  6. #6Nige2015-09-10 03:21

    Sorry if I gave that impression. From the document I was looking at it appeared as though it was hinged but I can see now that what looked like "hinges" were simply the 2 tabs at the rear end where it engages with the cab roof.