Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Which way does this screen face in hydrolic system on backhoe??

duramax-rob ยท 2010-11-13 18:43

Hey all! I just rebuilt the hydrolic pump on my Allis Chalmers 816 backhoe and I removed and cleaned the screen that is between the tank and the pump. I attached a picture of the screen assembly and am pretty sure that the small end of the cone faces the tank and the cup at the other end faces the pump. I think that the cup and spring is some kind of bypass, not sure exactly. I would appreciate it for some advise or help so I don't burn up the pump. I bought the backhoe used with low pressure and just want to install the filter the correct way. Thanks and a special Thanks to all the VETS that help make this country safe!!! Rob

Replies2
  1. #1willie592010-11-13 20:15

    I think you have it right duramx-rob, screen cone on tank side, spring on pump side.

  2. #2duramax-rob2010-11-13 22:01

    Thanks. Thats the way I'm going back together with it. I REALLY appreciate it.