Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

white 4-180. cat 3208 clutch adjustment.

mxbeaver513 ยท 2015-12-27 06:52

Hello, can someone help me with instructions on how to adjust the clutch in my White 4-180 tractor. It has a cat 3208 motor. I have adjusted clutchs in many of my trucks but for the life of me I cant seem to figure this one out.

Replies3
  1. #102Dmax2015-12-27 08:44

    Does it have a truck - style clutch? Any pics of it? What kind of linkage does it have?

  2. #2mxbeaver5132015-12-28 19:50

    it dos not look like the clutches in my trucks. I have 1 old truck that adjusts by spinning a big nut around the shaft. the other is just 1 bolt on the back of the clutch. This clutch in this white 4-180 has 3 bolts on the back of the clutch. I losen them n it just seemed to be bolts holding it togeather.

  3. #3mxbeaver5132015-12-28 19:55

    the linkage is metal rods. it has plenty of free play in the linkage. It slips under a load. the clutch is only a couple years old and very low hours.