Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Who builds the Case dozers?

Kevin Cohrs · 2021-08-03 07:49

Recently bought a 2017 Case 2050M. Wondering who actually builds this machine for Case? I know their excavators are built by Sumitomo in Japan...

Replies33
  1. #1Master Link2021-08-03 08:41

    I don't know who builds the machine but the undercarriage on your 2050M is mostly the same as on the John Deere 850K and the Cat D6R. I think the segments are Case only best I can tell.

  2. #2Welder Dave2021-08-03 11:14

    Have never heard that anyone else making dozers for Case. Excavators, even Cat are based on Japanese designs.

  3. #3mowingman2021-08-03 12:33

    The Case excavators are/were built by Sumitomo, but I think they were/are built at the LBX plant in Lousiville, KY. That is the Linkbelt excavator factory. not sure at all about the dozers.

  4. #4KSSS2021-08-03 15:20

    Case builds their dozers themselves.

  5. #5John C.2021-08-04 10:44

    I can't imagine anyone else building a Case dozer. They are so different from any other make.

  6. #6Puffie402021-08-05 02:02

    CNH is headquartered in the UK with investor ties to Fiat, so the dozer design is very likely european in origin. They do bear a little resemblance to Liebherr bulldozers, but that might be a coincidence.

  7. #7crane operator2021-08-05 07:35

    Case dozers used to be made in calhoun georgia. In 2014- 2015 they closed that plant, and moved dozer production to their plant in Burlington Ia. A article from 2019 listed the burlington plant for a new certification. So I would say the dozer production is still there. https://www.equipmentworld.com/busi...burlington-iowa-plant-in-24-million-expansion https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...designation-in-World-Class-Manufacturing.html

  8. #8ih1002021-08-08 16:55

    Well, Cat’s excavator research and design centre is based in Japan, so that part is right, but they’re Cat designs. They do some of the software development in the UK.

  9. #9Coy Lancaster2021-08-08 20:07

    Case dozers are built by Kobelco since they are both owned by Fiat.

  10. #10mowingman2021-08-08 21:09

    Google maps shows a big lineup of brand new Case dozers at the Case factory in Burlington Iowa. Shows lots of dozer parts stored outside also. Bet they do build them there.

  11. #11dirthog2021-08-09 10:40

    Kobelco NEVER built any dozers for anyone they did build excavators for Case for a while.

  12. #12Coy Lancaster2021-08-09 21:58

    The "K" series dozers came from the Kobelco line

  13. #13KSSS2021-08-09 22:12

    I am not aware of Kobelco ever building Case excavators. It has been Sumitomo back to Proclain as far as I was aware. But maybe I missed something.

  14. #14John C.2021-08-10 00:16

    Kobelco built some mini excavators for a time for Case some years ago. At some point Kobelco, Case and Fiat were in bed together and I slightly remember Kobelco bowing out of that situation.

  15. #15dirthog2021-08-10 11:02

    NOPE Kobelco NEVER built any dozers. The only other thing they build is cranes even the Kobelco backhoes were built by Fremac.

  16. #16dirthog2021-08-10 11:03

    Yes the best thing they did was get away from Fiat and Case with there excavators.

  17. #17kith2021-08-10 14:26

    Case dozers are built in Burlington Iowa.

  18. #18KSSS2021-08-10 16:15

    Yes Kobelco did build the Case mini ex. I was thinking full size machines, which Kobelco never built for Case.

  19. #19kith2021-08-10 19:29

    Full size excavators are built by Sumitomo.

  20. #20Volvomad2021-08-13 20:05

    Know nothing about any dozer apart from driving a 1150b a little. Do they still use a similar transmission ? loved every minute on it

  21. #21John C.2021-08-13 20:29

    I don't know anymore. I haven't looked at one for trade in for about six or more years.

  22. #22Coy Lancaster2021-08-13 22:44

    The Case dozers up to 1150 size are hydrostat I think the larger are powershift.

  23. #23skyking12021-08-13 23:48

    My understanding is the New Holland dozers are rebadged Case.

  24. #24Volvomad2021-08-14 13:11

    Think wheel loaders are the same also

  25. #25kith2021-08-14 19:42

    All Case dozers are hydrostatic drive.

  26. #26Tarhe Driver2021-08-15 20:58

    https://www.thehawkeye.com/story/ne...duction-dozers-headers-burlington/8109957002/

  27. #27Vetech632021-08-16 08:28

    For what is worth fellas.........the Fiat FD175, Fiat Allis 14C, and the Case 1850K ALL had the same identical powertrain behind the engine. The only difference I have ever seen was the engine itself

  28. #28dirthog2021-08-16 10:40

    Some were yes and some were junk made by a company in Germany.

  29. #29skyking12021-08-16 10:45

    great. the rental outfit I was talking to up in nowheresville Washington has one of those new Hollands but they said it is just like a case. I don't have a lot of choices out there for renting. one company has the case 750, the other one has the New Holland in a couple of sizes.

  30. #30dirthog2021-08-17 11:58

    What model New Holland the DC80/100 were made in Germany some o the newer ones were made by Case. Problem is New Holland just dropped everything in the construction line and will no longer supply most of the parts.

  31. #31skyking12021-08-17 12:01

    I don't know but there's also a D5 that's always booked up and I'm hoping to get that.

  32. #32GaryHoff2021-08-19 21:13

    Case mini excavators were made by Kobelco. Made by Sumitomo now. Case Mid size and large excavators are made by Sumitomo Case mini wheel loaders were made in Germany, not exactly sure by who. Case mid size wheel loaders are made by Case. Case Large wheel loader 1221, is made by Hyundai. Case dozers are all made by Case as of now. The 1650K, and 1850K series were a Fiat Hitachi. The 2050M is made by Case. Case Packers are made by Ammann Case rock trucks were made by Astra. Case has discontinued the rock truck line. Case skid steers are made by Case.

  33. #33Contractor2021-08-24 21:40

    I’ve owned multiple Case 2050Ms and those machines struggled with electrical and track problems. I hope you do better.