Hi guys, Not sure if its been done to death but can you all give me the run down on who makes what brands of dozers these days? Just trying to keep current Thanks :drinkup
Deere makes their own dozers up to the 750, the 850 and 950 are built by Liebherr. Cat makes their own from the D6 up, D5 and below were from a deal with Mitsubishi. To be honest, I'm not sure if that deal is still in effect. Komatsu, CNH (Case/New Holland), Dressta all build their own entire lines.
Ok, well the case and new holland unit spec out identical ( at least the sized i looked at around 75hp) So they must be the same basic tractor.
Clarification on the Cat line. The D3K-D5K are produced in Sagami, Japan, out of the SCM venture. The D6K is produced in Grenoble, France, and was designed there. (The old medium-sized tractors -- the D5N, M, H, etc and D6N, M, H, etc -- were produced in Grenoble alongside the track loaders.) The D6T and up are also Cat designs. Only the small tractors are produced with the SCM joint venture. CNH are identical machines. Correction on Deere: 850 is a Deere machine. The 950 and 1050 are Liebherr designs with Deere engineering influence.
Maybe someone can explain to me why companies like volvo and JCB don't have dozer lines. It seems like everywhere there is an excavator, there is a dozer, so i would think that they would want to have a dozer product to be able to sell a complete fleet. ideas?
Thanks for correcting me Tiger, knew I was missing something, had no idea there were Cats made in France. :bash I remember a while back, there were rumors of Volvo and Komatsu possibly collaborating on a dozer line, but I haven't heard anything since. Remember, a new product line would require millions, if not billions, in design, prototype building and testing, dealer and customer testing, and new production facilities and tooling.
I remember a year or two back at a machinery show over here, a Terex guy told me Terex had been hanging their nose over Dressta. I guess the way things are going at the moment that won't be happening anytme soon.
I know with JCB if they cant build something differnt and better then the rest of the market the would not do it.
Well if thats the case, jcb should be out of business. :drinkup
Despite being a brit, I'm no lover of Mr Bamford, but I have to admit he does have a high "average" standard across all of his products. I was raised on his backhoes and still rate them near the top. The telehandlers are hard to beat, the micros are excellent. The 10-tonne ADT only has Hydrema for a serious competitor at the moment. The excavators are getting close to world-class (after some horrendous false starts - think 805, 806, 812, 814) and the Fastrac is the product Mecedes tried to make in the form of the MB-Trac range. However, nobody but a hardened JCB nut or a masochist would rate JCB tracked loaders higher than scrap value, so possibly JCB and tracks don't mix, apart from imported technology beneath excavators. Worldwide there isn't the market. Top-end there's Cat, Komatsu, Leibherr/Deere (depending where in the world you are - don't believe some of the bull on here, most of the models it's only some of the thin tin and paint that are different), a bit lower there's Dressta, and at the bottom end there's anything from east of Turkey. (Excepting Japan). Where could JCB break in with a dozer? Premium or Wal-Mart?
My D5N CKT00289 was made in the Shin Caterpillar Mitsubishi factory in Japan. I believe that Cat may have increased(if not totaly taken it over) their shareholding in this venture with Mitsubishi. D6N were also made in Japan.
Some D6R(FDT,BPS, 5RR, 4WR) and D7R(3ZR and 5MR) were made in Japan as well. D6R were made in France, US, Japan and UK. Check with www.toughquip.com or richiwiki
According to my 2006 serial number book, everything that was made in France was also made in Japan. D6R was made in Brazil, Japan, United States and France. D7R was mostly made in the US with some unit from Japan. D8R was made in Brazil and the US. D3G, D4G and D5G are all made in Japan. My book doesn't show the T models yet but I'll check when I get back to the office.