Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Who HATES the morning sunrise?

hoeman600 ยท 2008-10-22 18:58

we set the screen rite in its path :Banghead Dealing with it for 1 more day. anyone else deal with this and just hate it:cool2 the steam dont help things either.

Replies24
  1. #1stretch2008-10-22 19:08

    Dad heads east through Hartford about everyday...the glare requires :cool2. Traffic comes to a standstill if its really bright out and the same happens going west at the end of the day:Banghead. Thank God for shades and car visors!

  2. #295zIV2008-10-22 19:23

    Heck, I hate morning sun no matter where it is, I think that anyone who actually says "Good Morning" should be drawn and quartered. That time of day should be illegal.

  3. #3hoeman6002008-10-22 19:50

    couldent agree more 95z after 22 years this is on the top 5 things I REALLY HATE along with afternoon sun. ive really grown to like the dark. nightshift sign me up!!! just look at my avitar night shift

  4. #4OCR2008-10-22 19:54

    Classic, classic, classic. ointlaugh Couldn't have been said better... I guess I'm the night owl type. OCR

  5. #5Turbo218352008-10-22 19:54

    There is one thing i absolutely love about the morning sunrise. It means my shift is over and its time to head for the house. I prefer night shift. I sign up any chance i get. The shift premium of another dollar an hour isnt that bad of a deal either. But night is so much better. The chiefs tend to stay away. Things seem to go smoother for some reason also. You are not fighting other subs on site for space. Nights are for workin

  6. #6Northart2008-10-23 14:17

    Sunrise ? Sunrise ? I love it, means I get to see another day of life on this earth. Yes, I know about the direct sunlight you are referring to. I just plan my work around it. Some operations you have the freedom to move around, to avoid the direct sunlight and others that are fixed , well just have to deal with it . Like the rain, Intense fog,extreme cold, snow, etc Yeah, on the brutal weather days, I wonder lots of times why, are we here. Working at a snails pace. But when the sun is up, clear skies , what a beautiful place to work, in the outdoors . I always think about the poor suckers working indoors , never see the sun. LOL :drinkup Like a bunch of mice , blinking their eyes for the 1st time in the sunlight, when they step outdoors. Cheerup life ain't that bad . :drinkup

  7. #7stretch2008-10-23 14:59

    Did I mention that the sunrise also means another day of school for me? ointhead I guess it ain't so bad, since it does mean that we get to go outside and practice tractor-driving. And it's not raining. :usa

  8. #8Dirtman20072008-10-23 15:16

    It's rough trying to fine grade while being blasted in he face by the sun.

  9. #9JimBruce422008-10-23 17:07

    I'm not crazy about the sunrise, or this time of the year sets. In the morning it's almost always in your way when your working blinding you or casting shadows where you don't need them and if there is even a speck of dirt you may have missed while cleaning your windows forget it, it turns into a giant smug it seems. AT night it never fails, I'm driving home (west) and pow... there's the sun, too low for the visor... at well such is life right? PS- If I had my way "morning" wouldn't start till around 10am and we'd all have 3 day weekends:drinkup

  10. #10biggixxerjim2008-10-23 17:49

    be happy ur workin

  11. #11Alan2008-10-23 19:42

    If you think a morning sunrise is bad just wait until you see an afternoon one!

  12. #12hoeman6002008-10-23 19:59

    yea the afternoon SUNRISES are a bit*&^.:cool2 ointhead

  13. #13dirt digger2008-10-23 20:13

    if your watching an afternoon sunrise i guess you rolled your machine upside down

  14. #14Lashlander2008-10-23 21:08

    Afternoon sunrises Squizzy and Deas see them all the time!

  15. #15Dwan Hall2008-10-23 21:17

    Sun rise? I just wish I could see the sun. 210 day of rain so far this year. And we are just starting into the rainy season. Next 10 days forecast 10 days of rain and 40 degrees.

  16. #16OCR2008-10-23 21:38

    Sun rises??? "Eppur si muove"... you think he was wrong after all ?... OCR.....

  17. #17EZ TRBO2008-10-23 22:02

    Yeah and this time of year you don't really see any at all do ya? Me I love getting up early and get started with the day(and usally end up working way late anyways). I will agree that the sun in the face sucks but its only for a lil while and just somthing you have to deal with. You can cuss all you want at it but it just sits there like a.... well a BIG OL #*(#&!) Ray of SUNSHINE. Trbo

  18. #18surfer-joe2008-10-23 23:49

    After all that has happened to me medically since late 2001, I am always happy to see another sunrise. There were several times in this period when I wasn't sure I would. None the less, having sun in your windshield is a pain any time of the day, though admittedly, if it's coming straight in a side-window at noon, you ought to set your dozer upright on it's tracks. Working in vapor or a whiteout is no fun either. Monsoon rains are even worse. I positively despise nightshifts.

  19. #19Mass-X2008-10-24 21:46

    I agree, the morning sunrise makes seeing anything from the seat of a machine (especially grade) really difficult. But I've gotta admit, some sunrises are really beautiful. I snapped this picture of a 16H just the other morning.

  20. #20Deere96702008-10-24 21:50

    Thats a cool picture. Thats somthing you seen on a magazine cover!

  21. #21Grader4me2008-10-24 22:42

    Love the mornings, just can't wait to get up. Sooo peaceful, but I do agree that first thing in the morning the sun plays havoc when you are trying to see but it's short lived. Dwan, how in the hell can you stand that much rain? I don't think that I could take that. Wow. Nice picture!

  22. #22Bellboy2008-10-25 01:42

    Morning sunrises look real nice, especially with a mug of coffee in one hand and a rusk in the other. But, the other morning on our way to school, my dad couldn't see the road due to the glare and the fact that the sun was right in our eyes, and had a bit of a fender bender with a Hyundai Tucson. The Jetta was not to pretty afterwards, but the Tucson was just about unscathed.

  23. #23catd8t2008-10-25 16:01

    i like the sun set better it means im going home

  24. #24Bartlanz2008-10-25 16:13

    Nice pic, I have always found the dark is nicer to work in, Its easy to make light but hard to deal with it when its forced on you. Same goes for the Heat, i prefer the cold, its easy to get warm, hard to get cool.