My brother has a Case 450CT (this is a tracked machine; not wheeled). He says that he has seen replacement skid-steer tracks that are steel with replaceable rubber pads. The problem is that we don't know who builds these tracks. Can anyone here help? McLaren builds what we are looking for but only for mini-excavators. They call these "hybrid tracks". Thanks for any help that you can give me!
Grouser builds this type of track for sure and I think Leogring does or at least used to make this style of tracks for skidsteers.
The Grouser and Loegering are OTT for wheel machines. I think you're out of luck if you're looking for a steel track to replace rubber on a CTL. The only steel setup on a CTL I'm aware of is the OEM that Bobcat is trying to sell. Not sure if they offer a rubber pad option or not.
Thanks guys. Yes we are looking to replace the standard rubber tracks with steel. We are not looking for an over the wheel type track. Thanks for your comments! If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know!
I am pretty sure that Bridgestone make replacement pad for the steel tracks. Let me know if you need more info
Thanks trackgirl. I appreciate your post. We have a rubber tracked machine and want to replace the tracks with a metal track system (with replaceable rubber pads). I didn't see any metal tracks on Bridgestone's website but maybe I just missed them.
mclaren makes them for the mini ex not sure of the ctl but that would be my best bet, if you find any make sure to post. Frank
There is one company that has a conversion Supertrak. This machine has been discussed on the board before. Here's a pic from their website It looks similar to the one that Bobcat offers - http://www.bobcat.com/loaders/compacttrack/undercarriage It would be a major undertaking to convert a rubber undercarriage machine to a steel track version. I would think that the whole undercarriage would need to swapped in order to operate or get any useful life out of it. There are rumors that Cat has a metal undercarriage design for their CTL's. In theory I like the idea of a steel undercarriage on a CTL, I just wouldn't want to be one of the first to own one.
The Tkeuchi has a metal undercarriage design for their CTL's. F:\[/takeuchi CTL.JPG]
I am sorry, I do not know how to load pictures, anyone can help me, please.