Its pournig down right now, expected to get another 6" today. Flood warnings on all streams and rivers, some towns already being evacuated. there is talk of it being the most signifigant flooding since 1990. For perspective, we usually get about 6" for the entire month of November, and most of Seattle's Top 10 wettest days ever are around 3". (The record being 5.02", set in October of 2003.)
I'm feeling it, man. Both of my classes were cancelled today, so I'm sitting at home doing absolutely nothing. Too bad this is a big Pineapple Express and it's 50 degrees at the summit of Stevens Pass, otherwise we'd be seeing snow up there. Doesn't look too promising for a good ski season, I was skiing by the 15th of November last year. Thanks alot El Nino.
yup, the little bit of snow we got the last week is all coming down the rivers now. I'm off work today, would be a blast working at the job we are on now in the rain. We are running storm main up the side of a road, getting rid of the open ditch that is there now, the road, all the houses storm drains, and a whole hillside all run down the ditch. It's a river right now. I'm really glad its a prevailing wage job now, taking a few days off work wont bother me too much.
I wish I could get back into dirt work right now, the restaurant is killing me :crying Even with the rain I'd rather be out actually doing something than indoors working for rich a-holes while making peanuts. I hope this college crap pays off.
It stopped raining today but it poured for the couple days earlier. They predicted that it was supposed to be even worse yesterday that didn't happen. We had good weather too long so we kind of knew that we are in for it now with the rain. I would rather have rain than snow.
You guys out west sent us rain today, rained 24 hours and still raining. Worked in it today, not alot fun. Any one install septic laterials in the rain? My specs say soil must be dry, how am I going to find dry soil this time of year?
It was a good rain today. I went quad riding with a friend today and the trails were soaked. Good question. I've been meaning to ask a similar thing. Is there anything that can be done except wait for the ground to dry out? We have some grading work to do, but the site hasn't been dry in months.
We're due to get 2-2.5 inches tonight and tomorrow. Going to be wet for awhile.
We had a fairly steady rain here in VT today.
Dry here again today This makes 9 days in a roll. Well dry if you dont count 7" of snow. running 10 to 15 degrees at night and almost 20 degrees durning the day. Got to love that dry weather. Here the soil is freezed dryed. Gets a bit dusty when the wind blows. Spray a little water on it and no more dust, just ice. I love not having to work in the rain.
We've had 50" of rain this year thus far. 2 4" rain storms in 2 weeks. DEP told me that those were each a 25 year storm, but with two just two weeks apart, man is it wet.
It has been a very wet november, it rained heavy most of yesterday and this weeks forecast calls for rain every second day.
The rain is getting old,wheres my snow?
every other day for 3 weeks.
rain here lots of rain
I really dislike rain... it really doesn't pay well:Banghead
Its supposed to rain off and on all week here.
Lots of rain here today, and more expected for the next two days.
wet but warm today gotta love the warm weather