:notworthy Hi folks,i know i`m in advance to talk about conexpo 2008 but i would like to know who will go to conexpo 2008? Thanks in advance
:waving I'll be there!
We have seriously thought about exhibiting at that show before. 2008 might finally be the year I can talk them into it. :drinkup
id say about 60/40 for it right now, I would have a better answer at the end of the summer probably
thanks guys,so Dano50 what is fluid film???
Why, thanks for asking! Fluid Film is only the highest quality, non solvent rust/corrosion preventive and lubricant on the market today. It has a unique lanolin base that imbeds into the pores of metal, creating a barrier of protection that stops the corrosive effects of salts, fertilizers, pesticides and moisture. Fluid Film will not evaporate, get gummy or sticky or harm paint, plastic or rubber (Some swelling could occur with 100% natural rubber). It will last at least a year protecting your battery terminals or as a vehicle undercoating. It is an excellent chain lube (dirt will not build on top of itself), it is so slick that it makes a great release agent in dump boxes or to keep grass from clumping under mower decks, and it will never freeze, making it a valuable tool in the winter to keep ice from building in locks or snow from clogging up snow blower chutes. It also works wonders conditioning leather work boots, on firearms, fishing gear, bringing back the luster to an old oxidized paint job...the list goes on and on. If you've never tried a can and live within the Continental United States, just pm me and I'll ship you out a sample size for free. We even pay for shipping. That is just how confident we are in our product. Made right here in the USA :usa
I need to make it to ConExpo in '08. My dad and I have been looking for an excuse to head to Vegas and I think this is going to be the perfect time to go.
I'll likely be there, see if anyone I know is still kicking. Used to know all the guys at the CAT booth, last time I recognized two. Same thing over to Castrol, Moxy, Maintainer, and Construction Equipment Magazine.
ok thanks for the information.
Vegas + Tax deductible Trade Show = I will definetely be there.
I expect to be there, Lord willin'. L
Cascade -- I might be able to make it, too... we'll see, eh? But if I go depends on how willing my senior design project group would be to let a member of the team take off to Vegas... the last three days before spring break. Stupid academic timing. Every single year for every single exposition, I'm one week away from being able to do it! :Banghead
Time will show. Las Vegas and tradeshow is "no-no" words for those high ranked offisers that will sa yes/no to a travel. USA is very expensive to travel to, and you all know public money must be well used.:ban We where joking about a tripp to another city, and renting a car to go there without telling someone in advance... Time will tell when the day is comming.
I'll be there
I'll be there!
me and my wife will be there
is anybody will report to us some pictures???
tuesday thru saturday, new york, new york
My dad and I are considering the show. Can somone give me some thoughts on the show who have been there before? My major interest is earthmoving, utilities, with interest in concrete, asphalt, bridges, aggregate. My dad's main interest is aggregate (quarries), but he likes them all like me. What are some of the exhbits and such?
Nolan, check out the official site. It's your single best source of information on the show. I have only missed one in the last 25 years and I hope to make it to the next one and MineExpo as well. http://www.conexpoconagg.com/ Check out any of the many websites concerning Las Vegas for more information on the town, much to see and experience. Motels close to the convention center fill up quickly and most are expensive. If you have transportation, get one further away as they are cheaper and there is plenty of room in Vegas, don't let anyone snow you that there may not be. Most motels will have transportation available to take people back and forth and there are dozens of taxi's. If you have a good relationship with your equipment dealers, check with them to see if they can get you in to one of the manufacturers parties, always good food and interesting people there. Many dealers have hospitality suites too, find out about them and get yourself an invite. If you haven't seen it before, check out Hoover Dam. Bus tours are available from all the major motels and I think, from the convention center too. Bus may be the best way to see the thing as you can concentrate on seeing the sights without worry over driving and parking. Plane rides over the Grand Canyon are also available, probably next on my list of the best things to do from Vegas. Both of these beat gambling hands down! Walking down the strip at night is neat, lots of colorful lights and attractions. Keep your wallet secured as certain folks would like to relieve you of it. Cops keep a close eye on the strip, the rest of Vegas not so good.
Thanks for the information, I'll check out the official website.
I wish that I could use this as a excuse to go to Vegas again but I dont think that I could afford it.
Update to my previous reply: I'm going to book tickets/hotels this week.
if you have access to allegiant airlines...try em, we got a very good rate for air/hotel at new york new york thru them.
I'll be there.
I am a little short on funds, anyone wanna sponser me so I can attend this event for the first time? was worth a shot :beatsme
Will look into it... thanks!
i'll be there
We'll be there. This will be our 4th ConExpo. Great time.
I want to go, but funds won't allow this year. I was planning on going until I bought property in October.
I'll be there. I went the last time and it's a good place to make contacts and meet people face to face. Is there going to be a Heavy Equipment Forums party?
there could be, how about crazy horse II wednesday afternoon 5 o'clock....catch the matinee
I won't be in town until thursday and even then who knows how long I'll sit at the pai gow table. I'm pretty knew to the forum, but it would be pretty cool to have a meet and greet, make some contacts, network, drink beers.
Would like to go, dont know if i will.
Can someone explain the housing options -- if I check "First hotel below $250," for instance, and get a hotel I don't like (location stinks, say), can I ask to have that hotel switched? Or do you book your own hotels (apart from the CONEXPO ones themselves)?
You can book anyplace you like in Vegas. It all comes down to how much you want to spend and how far away from the convention center you want to be. There are a couple of really cheap places very close to the center, if you don't mind hard beds and scratchy sheets for a night or two. But you can look out the door of your room and see the place across a parking lot. Actually, both places may be gone by now as a lot of the older motels have been demolished the last few years in favor of mega-casino's and hotels. Still, there are other reasonable places close by.
I take it, then, that you don't use the official Conexpo housing (and book at the hotels on your own)? Hotels.com was giving me hotels that were all upwards of $200 a night, so I wasn't sure if the three or four options that go through Conexpo officially were any better.
last time they had shuttle busses that ran from all the hotels so it really wasn't a big deal to be far away from the convention center. Call up the hotel your interested in and ask about transportation options.
I may end up doing that -- to think that I've known for three years how quickly the show fills up the hotels, and still, I'm lagging around slowly trying to get this done. Heh. I'll take another look at pricing today; the hotels listed are already waitlisted.
I arrive Monday and leave Sunday. Staying across the street. - Christopher
I'll be there all week. I am planning on attending several of the seminars. Anyone else planning on attending these. Several of them caught my eye, especially the ones covering fleet management and grade control. I'd be up for an "unofficial" get together of forum members. I think it would be a good time to get to know everyone on the board face to face over a cold beverage of choice:drinkup A couple of places that I have had a good time at in the past are the piano bar at the Paris, Two Fine Irishmen at New York NY and the Shadow Bar at Cesar's Palace.
I'd be up for a meeting also!
it would be great to meet some of you. the only thing is we will have a 11 year old with us so no bar for us. but we will be there.
okay, we say we will, let's do it!!!, i'll keep checking this thread for suggestions for a meeting place, and a time....then i'll set up 2 polls...for time and place...that work? be fun to put faces w/usernames
Excellent choices Farm Boy!:drinkup I like all three. I will arrive Wed. and leave Saturday. Staying at the MGM Grand. I thought I would not be able to go (due to no $$$) but used Sky Miles for 2 free tickets and MGM comp'ed us 3 nights (suckers - LOL). The Shadow bar gets kicking later on in the evening, sometimes it is hard to get a table- but a cool bar none the less. The Piano bar at Paris is always a hit. Only been to the 2 Irish guys once. Dayexco - did you start a poll. I haven't seen it yet. I am all about getting everyone together. Say Wed, Thur, Fri evening at 6PM? Now for the important part - do we all need to wear nice big HEF buttons so everyone will know who we are?
Sweet other people are going to Con Expo... so is there an official meeting place?
We need to decide a place and time, it'll be here before ya' know it.
I’m going this year for the first time, I just need to get a passport with the new travel rules.
Thats why I'm driving, can cross without it. And it would be a nice cruise with the new creep.
Burnout, driving from Edmonton must be at least 30 hrs each way? I went to the passport office today, should have one in less than 3 weeks. If you’re flexible on travel times westjet has seat sales for $300 return. Who’s planning this HEF meeting in Vegas?
It's 1500 miles from Edmonton to Vegas.... a 2 day drive max. And I LOOOOVE road trips. I haven't had a good drive since I drove to Edmonton from Ontario. Besides think of all the equipment I will see on the way there
How about Wed. March 12 6:00PM at The ESPN Zone at the New York New York Hotel and Casino?
Bring your video cameras! I have March 12 6PM, ESPN Zone @ New York NY on my calendar. Things can get powerful busy for us journalists during The Big Show, though, so just in case I don't make it, I want to invite y'all over to the Construction Equipment booth. We're going to be nestled into the Northwest corner of the North Hall at N-1065 (Go to http://conex08.mapyourshow.com/ceca/search.cfm?search=exhibitor# and type "construction equipment magazine" into the search box, then click on the booth number, N-1065. It'll show you a nice map.) The editorial staff does a lot of coming and going during the show, but ask for any of us -- Larry, Rod, Walt, Mike, Katie. I'll bet we can find something to eat and/or drink and a place to sit down. Also Over at ConstructionEquipment.com, we created a feature that allows users to share their digital video. We'd love to see what equipment, booth, or event you think is interesting at Conexpo, or wherever you happen to shoot some video (show us some of your smooth-running operations!). Go to http://www.constructionequipment.com/info/CA6496371.html to upload video. The signup is about like what it takes to get into a message board. I'd be interested in what y'all think about the feature. Next stop, Las Vegas! L
I'll try to look for you guys out there, then... I've met Rod and Walt before, so maybe I'll bump into you, too. Pity that Patty is no longer with your magazine...
Put faces to "handles" I second CEWriter's invite. We would love to meet some of our HEF friends at the Construction Equipment booth.:drinkup (that's Diet Coke!)
You guys need some Heavy Equipment Forums name badges for the show so you can recognise each other
yeah, we really do!
Since I suggested HEF buttons and Squizzy suggested name badges- (Badges! We don't need no stinkin' badges! )- can we get some official HEF hats or something? Maybe HEF can gain some supplemental income by having an "official gear" section on the forum where folks can order their hats, T-shirts and bumper stickers.
I'll be out there
We're working on that!:wink2 I'm not sure they will be ready for the show, but we're trying.
Cool! - Thanks Steve:thumbsup My suggestion at first was at jest but after I posted and thought about it - it made a lot of sense, I would buy some HEF gear! So - is there anyway to get a tally of who will be there?
Maybe post a sticky and keep a running tab on all that reply. I'll be there!! HEF gear is a great idea too.
I added a poll to this thread. Everybody that is going to ConExpo can vote "I'm going" and the poll will show a list of who voted.
Thanks CB!:drinkup
No problem. I be 'specting pictures though.
CB....You are so smart!! This one is for you!!:drinkup
Im going too, just decided Friday based on a nice V.I.P. treatment offer from Kawasaki. Staying at MGM Grand, but not getting in till Wed Night, leaving Sun AM. Keep me posted on where you guys will be.
I am staying at the MGM as well. Getting there Wed at noon and leaving Sat morning.
I'm at the MGM also, thursday through Sat.
Cool. The MGM has a nice bar to the left of the reception desk and I will be spending some time at the Majestic Lions slot machines right outside the elevator entrance.
Dayexco - Have you made the poll yet? Time is running fast. I agree it will be fun to put usernames with faces and stories........
yeah, i'm going, just haven't kept up on when/where/if anybody's meeting up.
Meeting place Construction Equipment invites you to meet at its booth (North Hall, #1065) for light refreshments on Thursday, 4p.m. Use that time to meet and greet, and make plans for the evening if so inclined.
When exactly is this show? I've been wanting to go to this forever,probably haven't because I'm afraid of the S word---SNOW---like a damn chain around my neck plowing/sanding is.Would be great for me too as between my son,mom, and brother who live in Vegas,they would put me up and of course I'd get to see them.Those who are going---if you are so inclined--do not miss going to the very best gentleman's club out there---Spearmint Rhino
March 11 through 15 http://www.conexpoconagg.com/
Construction Equipment Magazine has graciously offered to serve as a distribution point for Heavy equipment Forums name tags and hand out info cards! Make sure you stop by their booth to pick them up. Thanks Equipment Editor!!!:notworthy
Larry -- I'd love to hit the booth and chat, but I won't be in until Friday. Will you still be there on Friday and Saturday?
Now that is awsome!:drinkup
As this show is fast approaching, I want to remind everyone to be sure to visit the Construction Equipment Magazine booth (North Hall, #1065) to get your Heavy Equipment Forums name tag and grab some info cards. And to repeat Equipment Editor's offer of hospitality: Enjoy the show everyone, be sure to bring us pics and remember Construction Equipment's offer to host videos at his site.
Definately Steve.... so have we decided on a definate place outside the show to meet? Or decide such tomfoolery while at the Construction Equipment Mag. booth? I would be interested in meetin up, and I am driving down so I can ferry 1 or 2 people back to their hotel if need be since I don't drink... AT ALL And you know what sucks about that? When I wake up not hung over every morning..... I have to sadly face it that's the best im gonna feel all day long:Banghead
I am going. How do I get a name tag?
The name tags will be located at the Construction Equipment Magazine booth. Stop by there to pick one up.
we should all try to get together out there one day and put a face to a screen name.
Thought I'd be able to go but too many things going on.Just want to say to everyone here---Have a great time,travel safely,and remember it's not called sin city for nothing.
Pullpan, see my post above. Construction Equipment magazine has offered their booth as a meeting place for our members and will have HEF name tags to hand out as well. Be sure to stop by and see them.
So, again, if I'm not there on Thursday... any plans for Friday?
i hope every one who goes has a good time, bring bak some pics, dont forget about the less fortunate ones. seems like a dream come true cats, hookers and beer :notworthy
Thanks Steve we will be sure to stop by. thanks for setting this up!
upon further reviewal, and stringent testing, vegas beer still give syou a headache.