Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

whoops; 455 Greyhound burner worked a bit too well!

bvfdfire ยท 2013-03-07 22:31

Well, we were laying out to pave this morning and experienced a little set back, screed caught fire somewhere around the crown screw and by the time I got to it, it was over the steer platform. Fair news; it was the backup paver, bad news; the newer paver is having new screed panels installed and is down for awhile. Screed is a total loss. tractor has serious damage to platform and numerous harnesses and hydraulics.

Replies4
  1. #1bushcat2013-03-08 07:01

    bummer

  2. #2Steve Frazier2013-03-08 21:58

    I worked fora paving company for a couple years back in the early 80s. I remember the smoke rolling out from under the screed in the mornings when they were warming it up and never gave thought to it catching fire.

  3. #3Garrie Denny2015-01-20 02:59

    Gas leaks or bad burner flame amazing what can happen Egh?

  4. #4buddy6052015-01-25 20:10

    The owner should fire the one that extinguished it. Now the nightmare of putting it back together. Proberly insured and could have got a new one.