Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Why buy a track loader?

lonkinggroup ยท 2012-06-07 23:51

There are two choices in front of me, the tracked loaders and the wheeled loaders. How do i know which to choose? In which circumstances should i buy the tracked one?

Replies12
  1. #1770G2012-06-08 00:06

    Track loaders are mainly used when you need floatation..... Places where you'd just get buried/stuck in a rubber tire loader. But also they have to be trailered everywhere, with rubber tires you can road from job site to job site.....if close enough lol

  2. #2willie592012-06-08 00:29

    With all due respect lonking, have you not already asked this question? HeavyEquipmentForums

  3. #3joispoi2012-06-09 11:32

    If you're sitting in front of a plate of food and you have a spoon and a fork in front of you, how do you know which one to use?

  4. #4Georgia Iron2012-06-09 12:03

    I like to use my fingers!

  5. #5joispoi2012-06-09 15:31

    I like the way you think! Now, using the same logic: you've got a half can of sardines and a roll of toilet paper in front of you.....how do you know which one you need?

  6. #6CM19952012-06-09 20:31

    Me...I would err on the side of caution, feed the sardines to the dog and take the toilet paper.:cool2

  7. #7Forestgnome2012-06-12 20:09

    Tracked for steep hills, soft ground. Tired for road passage, speed. Tracked, higher maintenance.

  8. #8SeaMac2012-06-12 20:13

    Why, your hands of course...who wants to do the dishes anyway!

  9. #9Patriot_RAM2012-06-15 11:42

    I've been looking for an older track loader with a hoe on the back for farm type use. I've seen a couple for sale, but it looks like they weren't the most common setup.

  10. #10Greg2012-06-29 17:31

    lonkinggroup would just pick up his chop sticks joispoi. He does not have to make decisions of fork or spoon. Or in his case instead of a loader just go get 400 chinese with shovels.

  11. #11Greg2012-06-29 17:35

    Patriot. I have a John Deere 450C with a John Deere 95 backhoe. It has a quicktatch system where you can have the hoe unhooked and removed, or back on in a very few minutes. If interested send me a pm. I am ready to part with it.

  12. #12rabia2012-08-01 03:29

    I think it all depends upon your need. find out your need and determine characteristic of truck loader and wheel loader and choose which fulfill your needs.