Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

why is some bobcat and jcb equipment painted green?

mattderry · 2013-12-01 14:12

does anybody know why some equipment is painted green. I am looking for a mini excavator and I found a JCB that I like, but it is painted green. Does this mean it was a rental machine or a gray market machine?

Replies5
  1. #1sheepfoot2013-12-01 14:33

    Could be sunbelt rentals machines that have been sold or traded before.

  2. #2ANDREW C2013-12-01 20:01

    There was some that sunbelt were to buy and were painted in their colours and then they cancelled the sale at the last minute. We got a few in Canada for cheap. Most likely though they were sunbelt rentals machine.

  3. #3willie592013-12-01 20:03

    Yep, Sunbelt rental green, comes from the factory with that color, damn near impossible to hide it when doing re-paint.

  4. #4CRAFT2013-12-01 22:40

    Why Repaint Willie ????? ….. then you could pretend to be a piece of JD Ag equipment !!! ….. LMFAO !!!

  5. #5Farlsincharge2015-08-22 21:34

    Sorry to necro post but..... I just got an 04 s175 with 1600 hours on it. Only once I got it home could I tell it has been resprayed and it is indeed green underneath. I am in Canada. Is there any way to check the serial number to find out who took delivery of this machine or anything else I can check? TIA