Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Why is the 743 Bobcat so popular?

TALLRICK ยท 2007-12-26 21:33

This just makes no sense to me. Any old worn out 743 for sale around here seems to bring a high price. I have seen 763's sell for less than equal hour 743's! Is it the smaller size that makes them more popular? Some of them are over 25 years old. The amount of wear and repair work needed for some is amazing. Then again I get a good laugh out of people who pay thousands for an old M-610. Any ideas?

Replies2
  1. #1Mdwstsnow5122007-12-29 19:12

    well i got a 743, not gonna claim its great but small frame, relatively decent power, and they are near bulletproof. mine is covered in about 3 gallons of oil it has collected over the years sits 90% of the time except in the winter and is still strong runner. later Nate

  2. #2Sparffo2008-03-25 15:35

    But once you have operated a 763, you will never go with a smile on your face in the 743 bouncer. :Banghead I don't see any benefits with the 743, the difference in size is so minimal also!