Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

wild looking grader

greeniron ยท 2010-05-26 00:27

was walkabout again in oz and come across this old grader anyone know what make it is ???

Replies20
  1. #1mitch5042010-05-26 01:36

    I've seen a picture of one before, maybe on here, I'm thinking... pay no mind to the light smoke haze... it's only my sawdust heating up:dizzy

  2. #2RocksnRoses2010-05-26 03:23

    It's a Malcolm Moore grader, built around a Fordson E27N tractor. They were built from around 1945. I reckon our local council had one for patrol grading in the 1950's. RnR.

  3. #3Squizzy246B2010-05-26 07:27

    Blast...beaten by RnR...stupid time zones

  4. #4RocksnRoses2010-05-26 07:58

    Sorry .....I'll wait an hour and a half next time, to give you a sporting chance. RnR.

  5. #5mitch5042010-05-26 11:25

    Man, soon as I saw E27N I remembered where I saw it and the magazine was on my desk when I made my earlier post. If I'd looked more carefully at the powertrain I'da beat you both.:beatsme

  6. #6Super Roel2010-05-26 12:39

    Malcom Moore grader . I found two pictures of Malcom Moore graders , to share with you .

  7. #7mitch5042010-05-26 13:01

    Thanks Roel, now I see it's Greeniron's fault. If he'd cut the brush, washed the machine, and maybe touched up the paint I'd of seen the Fordson right away.:lmao :waving But seriously, nice pictures thanks

  8. #8greeniron2010-05-26 18:30

    so where these a popular grader in there day or a limited edition so to speak sorry mitch , next time i`ll do better , LOL

  9. #9RocksnRoses2010-05-27 08:48

    I think there were quite a few built, I know our council had one and I have seen a few parked up in contractors yards over the years, but they would have all been scrapped by now. RnR.

  10. #10RocksnRoses2010-05-29 08:54

    I forgot about this one. It is in the Road Transport Hall of Fame at Alice Springs. RnR.

  11. #11Grader4me2010-05-29 19:23

    Lets take some of those Cat "M" operators and plunk them in that honey..lol..suppose they would notice the difference?? Nice pictures!

  12. #12mitch5042010-05-29 20:21

    I want to see an all hydraulic model keep it's blade off the ground that many years

  13. #13Grader4me2010-05-29 20:48

    Lol..I hear ya..Man..if a person worked that grader for a day..well...you would sleep good that night I tell ya...lol

  14. #14mitch5042010-05-29 21:01

    :umno I can't sleep when I'm that sore:nono

  15. #15ledsel2010-05-29 21:08

    If a (GRADER OPERATOR) ran that machine it would do the same job as a "M"

  16. #16RocksnRoses2010-05-29 23:55

    Never a truer word spoken.......:iagree RnR.

  17. #17digger242j2010-05-30 01:38

    I'll bet the M came from the factory with a better cup holder. :cool2

  18. #18amtronic2010-05-30 11:38

    It's the famous POS brand....

  19. #19sandy2010-05-31 04:11

    another malcom moor just sitting in the corner of the workshop pics taken with phone didnt come out to good

  20. #20Motor Grader2010-06-01 11:57

    want to free up some room in your work shop?