Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

WildKat Brush Cutter Price

ejb17 ยท 2014-03-29 14:33

Just thought I would run this up the flag pole. I went and looked at a 72" Wildkat brush cutter with front push bar. It is used but pretty square. Motor and gearbox look Ok with no leaks. Seems to run good with no horrific noises. Not as heavy as some I am sure but for the amount of billable hours per year it should be fine. Needs a set of blades and the "stump jumper" needs a crack repaired. Should be able to talk him into 2k. What says the forum? New Wildkats delivered to me would run around 3800 or 3900 so no way I would buy new. If I intended to spend that on a new one I would go to a different manufacturer like CID, CE, Skid Pro, etc for more coin but this one came up so I went and looked at it. Our old Woods M5 finally gave up so I have to replace it. Now I wouldn't have to drag two machines around.

Replies3
  1. #1Lindsey972014-03-29 23:40

    I bought a new CID extreme 72" open front for 4400 delivered in 2013. very happy with it. has a 271 lb. flywheel with 3 axe style blades and is very smooth running when cutting a cedar tree down. runs smoother and quieter than a tractor style when hogging trees. very pleased with the CID cutter, and mine is standard flow mounted on my case 70xt. weighs 1526 lbs. and my machine handles it fine. what skid steer would you be running it on? sometimes lighter weight isn't a bad thing. I think 2000 would be a fair price, but the cracked stump jumper would have me worried. I would inspect the gear box, and check for vibrations while operating it. try it out first and see what you are getting yourself into. price the parts before looking at the cutter. have the pricing in your mind before going to look at the cutter. something to consider after purchasing a mower for your skid steer is the option adding over the tire tracks. I have a set of grouser tracks and they add another dimension to your mowing abilities. because I am willing to bet that you will finding "new" and more "difficult" places to mow versus with the tractor. I find it quite amazing what can be accomplished with my mower on the front of the skid steer.

  2. #2ejb172014-03-30 09:27

    My machine is a Komatsu SK820-5N with counterweights and for the summer I have a VTS track system, so I weigh in at just over 8k lbs with the tracks on. It also has "Super Flow" which is the higher flow for the size and comes in at 26 GPM with 3/4" couplers. I run my stumper on high flow. Yea the cracks in the stump jumper/blade carrier are the biggest worry due to safety issues but think they can be repaired. I was thinking about calling wildcat and getting a price on the part. Seemed to run and sounded OK and the motor and gearbox looked and sounded OK too.

  3. #3Wildkat2016-08-24 15:47

    Crack repair Repairing a stump jumper is not recommend. They are balanced from factory and could become a safety issue. We do sell them new for $275 plus shipping.