Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Will 312cl tracks fit a 315L

Pete1468 ยท 2012-06-29 22:54

I'm trying to figure out if a 312CL rails, sprockets and idlers will fit a 315L. Someone has a set of new rails, idlers and sprockets new that his excavator burnt and doesn't need them anymore. I on the other hand if they would fit would put them to good use, but I can't find a place on the internet that says if they will fit or not. My pads are alright but everything else needs changed. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1QuickTrax2012-06-29 23:11

    I dont have any books in front of me but I believe the Cat 315 is the same as the Cat 320. The 312 takes a smaller chain. The idlers, sprockets, and rollers are also different. Good luck, Quick Trax

  2. #2Nige2012-06-30 09:25

    I have the books and no, they won't fit. Everything is different between 312CL & 315L. Not a single part of the items you're looking at is the same. Sorry.