I am thinking of buying this seat from Northern but i am not sure it will work.It is a Michigan model#V-5200 for $350 it says it fits skid steers and forklifts.Anybody out there got one of these?It will be going on a 1996 1845C do suspension seats really help the ride?
The V-5200 should work on an 1845. And yes, a suspension seat is a good thing to have. I wouldn't say it gives a "smooth ride", as the tight space in the cab of a skid limits how much suspension travel you can have, so these seats have just enough suspension travel to make the bone jarring bumps a bit more tolerable.
I would not throw the receipt away until you have it in. The issue will be when you put the lap bar down. Too much height in the seat and your legs will hit the lap bar and your position in the machine may change, making things like head room, the reach to the controls a little less comfortable. I am almost sure that the lap bar does not adjust unless you start cutting on it yourself. I am not familiar with this seat, CASE offers a suspension seat. It is not as nice as say a Grammer like what Takeuchi uses (excellent suspension seat), but it will at least fit if the one you have does not.
I was just wondering myself if they made a universal suspension seat for skid steers because the solid mounted one in my JCB 190T will make your kidneys fail if your in it too long. Think it would fit the JCB? Probably not seeing as if they make them the most difficult and expensive machines in the industry to OWN!:usa