My uncle just picked up a "freshly painted" 4550 from an auction with a "NO" vin plate. I need to identify the year as there seems to be a 2005 and under, 2600, and 2007 and older parts books. Yes 3. I can tell you that it has an "oil cooled" Deutz 4 cylinder. And it has the fiberglass hood. Also, I suspect that one or more of the wheel motors may be out. Unloading, it looked like only one or two of the wheels where powered. If I chain it to something on soft soil, it should spin all four wheels?, correct? Anyway, currently will not shut off, so I need the year to get the correct fuel shutoff, etc. I will check to make sure the key switch (power) is working correctly first. And, I bought, I believe, the wrong parts book (2000-2005), as it shows 1 glow plug, but I think that might be for the air cooled motors, but don't know for sure. New to Deutz. Thanks, cb1
Picture of said loader
I don’t know if you found your answers but if you find the serial tag or number on the engine any Deutz engine dealer can find correct parts. I could get you the year or solenoid part number. It is likely either a F?L2011 or a D2011 Deutz engine.