Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Winch on front of John deere 450g

bknvc1 ยท 2025-01-05 14:39

Can anyone give me some information on the winch that is mounted on the front of my 450g dozer? The winch looks to be manufactured by Branden Winch Company

Replies7
  1. #1CM19952025-01-05 15:22

    Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a winch mounted on the front like that. Any history on the dozer?

  2. #2bknvc12025-01-05 15:26

    Older model dozer late early 90' or late 80's. Don't remember the year right off. I do know it was once owned and operated by Georgia Forestry. Not much info on the dozer other than that. My local John Deere dealership could not offer much info on the winch either. Usually you see the winch on the back.

  3. #3MG842025-01-05 16:13

    Looks like a custom setup, never seen one like it. Deere will have no knowledge of it, if you think it is made by Braden that's where I would look next. My guess is if it was originally owned by the Forestry Department of GA it was a fire dozer. Probably at one time had a either a mounted fire plow on the back or at least hydraulics to run a trailer type plow.

  4. #4Diesel Dave2025-01-05 17:46

    The very similiar looking 450G front winch in the utube video below was sold and installed by FESCO of Starkville, Mississippi. @bknvc1 , Carefully remove the paint from the riveted tag shown in your pic and see what you find. . .

  5. #5Old Doug2025-01-05 18:53

    There are several questions that would be answered the first time it was used.

  6. #6CM19952025-01-05 19:04

    Figured it was a former fire dozer. Never seen a front winch before though or maybe I've never looked at the ones close enough here in AL.

  7. #7DDoug2025-01-05 19:06

    I like the qty (4) cable clamps on the Rustoleum rebuild....