I am looking for a tarp or blanket to cover my windows when i move machines. We spend a lot of time on gravel and lose a lot of windows. Any advice or places where i can buy these?
http://www.themachinesecurityco.co.nz/index.php?page=cabcare-vandal-guards Or mover's blanket & tape
I was looking for something more elegant than movers blanket but i will check out the other site.
... but way less complex and expensive than vandal guards!
I'd hit up your local upholster, one i know makes a lot of window protectors for combines. It'll be more difficult to make one to fit all your machines than one to fit a specific cab.
I had ours made at a local upholstery shop using heavy tarp material, app. 3' x 5' with grommets on the corners & midpoints, edges doubled up & sewn. We use bungees to tie them on, ok if it's an excavator with cab guarding, forestry cabs with lexan are a pain, nothing to tie to. I think they cost maybe $80-$100 each actually pretty cheap when compared to replacing windows, NOBODY makes a flat window anymore. If you're hauling off highway much even if the window survives without tarping it's usually so muddy the operators are generally less than impressed.
We are in such a boom where i am at that going to a local upholster shop would probably be a six month wait. I was hoping that there was someone that already massed produced one. It wouldn't be hard to make a square one with grommets that would fit most anything or even a cab shaped one that would fit most tractors or backhoes. anyone have at least have an upholster shop they would recommend?
where out west is it booming. ? It sure isnt in the portland area.
North Dakota
We use a piece of plywood on one machine we move.
This company makes and sells several products fitting construction equipment for transport. I don't own any yet so I can't speak to the quality. http://www.tarpcentral.com/
Welding blankets are heavy, have grommets, and come in different sizes. Check at your local welding supply. Just don't get to close to them, they will make you itch!
Find a carpet layer and get used carpet and secure it with bungee cords.
We put full fenders and long mud flaps on out trucks and that solved the problem for us.
We used plywood zap strapped to the window guards. d.d.
In a pinch , Duct tape and cardboard
I have used poly drop cloths before. Cut a piece off the roll and just close it in each of the front doors on the backhoe Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if your in a boom call up your dealer and order vandal guards, they're easier and better fitting than blankets and plywood.
buy an area rug at walmart the size u need buy your grommets make it yourself.then tie rubber rope to the window side so not to scratch the glass and a bungee hook to the other end to tie to machine.thats what i did they last along time and roll up nice.
Grab some furniture protection quilted pads from U-Haul. Buy some tarp eyelets off eBay (brass is better), punch holes with gasket punch in corners and edges of quilted pad, install eyelets. Tie to machine as required. Next question? http://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Protective-stuff/Quilted-Pads?id=3053 http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=tarpaulin+eyelets&_sacat=0&_odkw=eyelets&_osacat=0&_from=R40