I see a few dozers for sale that have windows tinted on them,what is the purpose,keep the glare down,or maybe help the air conditioning out??anybody try it did it help??
Are you sure they were tinted or was it just really thick tough glass like a cat 527 has that looks tinted?
dozers were out of texas not positive but sure looked like the windows were tinted.just wondering what the tint would be for.
Yair . . . earthscratcher . I don't know about on machinery but I do know on cars it makes a helluva difference to comfort levels A dark tint, (I think darker than legal on road going vehicles) is fairly common here and I have always assumed it was for operator comfort and I imagine would reduce load on A/C. Cheers.
Yes, several places do it around here. it is to reduce the load on the a/c and les glare for operators. It is tough to keep a cab at 60 degrees on top of a 200 degree machine. Every little bit helps.
Not to be an *** but think about that statement. TEXAS. Have you ever been in Texas or Okla in the summer ? It friggin HOT !! I tinted my windows AND hung curtains in the side windows. It helps.
We have tractors and pans and all of them get tint as soon as we can after we get them and one excavator has it to! I think we go with 30% tint! The operators sure like it to help keep the temps down in cabs for sure in excavators one has it one doesn't and sure can tell the difference and as far as seeing I havnt noticed that it makes that much difference that it makes it harder to see course we don't run in the dark much at all! Jerry
I've tinted the back and side windows on excavators and the top half on tractors so you can still see out of the bottom until recently the a/c would barley keep up (on the older machines )@90+degree's
What happens when it's dark..? Can they still see through those tinted windows on a black night..?
no you can't see out of them at night . that's why I only do the back ones on the excavators and part of the way on the sides I can't see to grade out of tinted glass either most of the time on an excavator I raise the front glass any way to grade . some of my day cab trucks I tint the back glass to keep the heat out also
A couple of years ago I was in a tint shop and seen some type of new clear tint that was suppose to help block the heat but not your view but have not seen it since
We had a 966D that the operator put tint on. It probably helped keep it cooler but just pulling in to the shop on a sunny day was a bitch. Lights out!! Lights were on in the shop but might as well been off!
That's our problem. Working 24/365 we have to have windows you can see out of on a dark night. It's about time someone came up with a "Transitions" glass for equipment that turns dark in bright sunshine the same as you can buy for eyeglasses.
Check this youtube video, looks like a start? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf1g-U6M_zw Could not find a dealer or price.
You wouldn't wear sunglasses at night, because it would make it hard to see. Try explaining that to anybody who thinks it is a good idea to tint their car windows.
The local tint place has an almost clear tint designed to reduce heat. Had a slight blue tiny.