Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Windsor Probe Test System

JoyF ยท 2014-04-24 09:27

Hi, I recently acquired this Windsor Probe Test System. I don't know if anyone on here can help me but any information regarding it would be great. I know that it is powered by gun powder. It looks to be in very good condition. Is there anything I could look for that would signify a non-working item? As I said, it looks very good, but I have no way to test, so...

Replies6
  1. #1Delmer2014-04-24 11:07

    What do you want to know? The information pops right up on a web search. If you want to know if it works for sure you'll have to buy some "consumables"/probes with the charge.

  2. #2JoyF2014-04-24 12:00

    I am curious as to how old this unit is. I saw somewhere that it may be from the 1970s. I would like to test it if at all possible and will check into the probes.

  3. #3mitch5042014-04-24 12:30

    What is it supposed to do?

  4. #4JoyF2014-04-24 14:14

    I believe it is supposed to test the strength/density of concrete. Somebody told me that inspectors would probably use them to test the strength of concrete when building bridges or whatever.

  5. #5Delmer2014-04-24 17:50

    Just a fancy concrete hammer. The depth that the pins penetrate is measured and converted to concrete strength. 70's looks right to me. Unless there's a printing date on bottom of the instructions?

  6. #6JoyF2014-04-24 20:19

    Can't find any printing date on the instructions. I'm planning to sell it, and I just don't know whether it's worth buying the probes and testing it or selling as is. I don't know what can or usually goes wrong on these things if anything.