Doing some undercarriage work and paint job to Case 9020B . Its been below freezing for a few weeks , so thought we'd get some machines fixed up.
nothing like that set up that you have there nice and clean and bright with lots of room to work .
We are in the shop doing some work our our artic haul truck. The heck with working outside :bouncegri Hope to see some pics when she is done.
I will show some pics when done. I like the sun , but in the summer we have to hang bed sheets on the windows to help keep the garage cool.
I sure do like that shop, nice pictures. I am wondering about your Case excavator. How many hours and what do you need to do to the undercarriage? Its that time of year. We've got our D10N in the shop for paint.
Nice big shop to work in is nice :yup What in the heck is the machine sitting on ? Are you going to give the machine a 5 gallon rebuild :bouncegri
HI, the Case 9020B has 6100hrs. on it. It needs new 14 bottom rollers, 4 upper idlers, 2 sprockets , and 2 chains. Thats what i'm thinking by the looks of stuff. But there is a undercarriage specialist coming from the Case dealer today to measure stuff up and tell me what should be replaced. doug
The machine is sitting on 8" x 8" hemlock blocking.
Heres a pic
You couldn't see the blocking in the other pictures so I though maybe you had a insdustrial strength in floor lift. As for the undercarriage might aswell do everything now while its easy to do it would be a real biatch if you got it all back together and one of the rollers decides to stop rolling :crying The rest of the machine looks like its in good shape no bent up sheet metal and the carbody isn't all banged up. Sure nice to have a big shop with heat to do a job like that :yup
looks good, nice shop sure makes it easier to work on equipment. thansk
I was planning on repainting my 9020B but it does not look like we will have time. I need to replace the tinted plexiglass it is scratched and almost opaque. When your done with yours DigDug grab your sled if you have not sold it yet and we'll have a painting party in my shop now that you have it down. As payment we'll see if we cant start an avalanche or two when were done.
Somehow I missed the pics! You may need to repost them.
The under carriage is all installed and the cab painted, but havent painted the whole machine yet. Its been sitting there resting for a few months. I need to try and finish it this week. Got lazy with all the snow / rain storms.
I can see how that could happen.:drinkup