Since I'm in learning mode, I tend to have all kinds of questions. Thanks for all the help. Anticipating purchasing a Bobcat S185 or something close to that, what preparations would be prudent if I'm planning to park and store for the winter season? I would be storing outside on level dirt/forest floor and not inside a building. Or, will possibly have it sitting on an appropriate trailer. Could possibly see 5-10 feet of accumulated snow on top of everything at some point during the winter, and probably won't be able to get to the machine when the snow is deep. I would be able to completely tarp the machine from top to bottom preventing snow/water from getting to it. Gary
On a new to me machine I change all fluids and filters to eliminate any water contamination. I would fill it full of fuel and remove the battery so you can keep it charged. I would seal the exhaust with tape and place a water tight container over the exhaust pipe. Then tarp the unit with a heavy tarp like you would for a hurricane. I see as much damage from rodents as I do from water intrusion so if you can deter the rodents you will be better in the long run. Upon spring startup I would pull the air filter and inspect for damage and verify all fluid levels. You can easily spend several hundred dollars changing ALL the fluids and filters so be prepared.