Hey guys its been a long stormy winter here in SC Alaska, just going huckledy buck getting ready for a storm tomorrow and looking at new chains here. Have any of you guys used these Trygg Fast Trac style chains on / off highway ?? We are mostly "working" on secondary roads and most often dont use chains but when we need them .... the ladders are almost the same price and seem to wear fast. Seems like these would be more points on the ground and less wear on the metal. Thanks in advance
Just remember that is a light duty chain, fine in a bind, but not great for everyday use.
Depends somewhat on how aggressive of chains you want/need. Trygg heavy duty are good chains with round hardened studs on them. You could also look at Laclede chains if you want something less exexpensive.
Been a long time but I remember they used to make the chains here. There were 2 cardboard almost like a 45 gallon drums full of the cross chain that you had to cut to length. I think they went for scrap in the end
For many years of my younger life I built chains, rebuilt them and welded on them to hard face them. Labor was much cheaper back then...
I was wondering about that. Honestly the last set of lacledes I got were not very heavy duty either.
We got about 8” of fluff in the MatSu overnight. Nobody has touched the roads, yet.