Hey guys, this is what I've been dealing with for the last 6 weeks. A lot of snow removal and a little bit of digging and backfilling. i could only load 5 pics so i'll try more later
Colorodo Digger, I did a drilling job in Aspen back in the 90s at the old Buttermilk Ski Area. It was going to be a Ritzy condo community with golf course, around the area of the old Buttermilk Ski Resort Hotel. Did they get that project completed? Aspen was a bit too expensive for me, I drove to Glenwood Springs to get grocieries. It is gorgeous country, but it sure is different than what an old boy from the Smokey Mtns of East Tennessee is used to. Nice Pics!
yeah, atco that was the maroon creek golf course, now it is all done and grown in. i think it was landscapes unlimited that did it.out of kansas. i dont know.
Yeah, that's it! And the name reminded me of something. When I was out there, it was a Memorial Day weekend, I wanted to see Maroon Bells. I pointed my truck up the skinny little road. My truck was an '89 Ford F-350 with a short mechanics body, not a really BIG truck at all. But I had to work around soooooooo many bicycles that I finally gave up! Turned around and went back to the Buttermilk Lodge Hotel. I thought about renting a car, but then I'd still have to maneuver around the bikes. Third option; No, I ain't ridin' a bicycle up there! I get enough exercise operating a drill rig, I ain't riding no bike!
hey atco, i will get you some pics of that site now, everything has changed, the hotel is still ther and it is the base village for the x games. right now. it is about moving, hauling snow building test tracks, so those boyz can get their jetting and everything perfect, if i could figgure out how to downsize and listen to what the boyz have to say i could probably load more pics. anyways ni will do my best salud
That's funny, to me. How the heck do you connect an old fart (now) running a drill rig in 1995 to the "X Games 2009" (bunch of young kids) centering around the Buttermilk Ski Resort Hotel (now Moroon Creek Golf Course)? As Don King once said, "Only in America!"
yup :drinkupyeah mon!!. sorry. i will make sure to document everything, there is so much snow up here we work half day in snow and half digging,, you know what, i am happy we are working, it is unbelievable here!!! we start at 3 am work till 5 pm it is all good.. only in ASPEN:drinkup