My boom truck has a wired A2B right now and I'd like to get rid of the wire. I've broken it a couple of times getting into or out of jobsites, it's not very well protected with the boom sticking over the front of the truck. Is there an easy way to add a wireless switch to my existing system or do I have to replace the whole thing? I don't really need other functions and don't want to spend 10k. All I'm finding from PAT Hirschmann is the full blown load moment computers.
not that I'm aware of. Just a wireless a2b is around 1500. I guess you could have a stand alone wireless and just bypass the existing one. But then you'd have two displays. Not worth the trouble. Bout all you can do is be more careful. Sometimes it's cheaper not to do the job. We quit doing tree work for that very reason. Our cranes always came back with something damaged. Mostly torn a2b cables.
I don't have a display right now. Not sure if it ever had one. The PAT spool on the side of the boom is only set up for two conductors and there aren't any other sensors (angle, boom extension, or weight) There's a wiring box inside but most of it isn't hooked to anything. Makes me think that it was made to have more features. Just not sure how to add onto it. I only get one speed on the winch too. Not sure if it's a wiring issue or if the winch was changed out at some point. I'll take a picture tomorrow, can't find it right now. I saw this on fleabay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hirschmann-PRS-80-Wireless-Anti-Two-Block-Crane-Load-Moment-Indicator-LMI-/290853279624?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b834d788 It's more than I need though. I just need the switch and a receiver that will connect to the wiring box I have. I'm a carpenter, not a crane guy. I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night either...
http://www.craneindicators.com/R145_Wireless_ATB.html http://www.liftek.com/ http://www.craneloadindicator.com/LS202.asp http://www.basilcranes.com/bb-550-radio-anti-two-block-alarm/ I'm sure there are more, but that should get you started...
Thank you. Your search fu is much stronger than mine.
LOL, finding things is most of what I do, I am not always successful. Hope it helps
Hirshman or PAT are the big players in the game.
Cranesmart? http://cranesmart.com/english/products/anti_2_block.html
To answer your question. It depends on if have and/or want to keep length indication. The cable does transmit the A2B signal but often also measures the boom length and angle. If you dont want/need either of those then you can do just a stand alone wireless A2B switch. Some options here: http://bodetechnicalservices.com/crane-replacement-anti-two-block/ https://store.bodetechnicalservices.com/products/replacement-anti-two-block-system-trimble-lsi http://bodetechnicalservices.com/rayco-wylie-crane-anti-two-block-system/ Hope that helps.