Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wisdom

Welder Dave · 2019-12-11 02:51

The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.

Replies13
  1. #1Truck Shop2019-12-11 03:20

    There is another part to that, Usually their happy because they haven't followed the rest of society which has filled it's self with needless clutter.

  2. #2Junkyard2019-12-11 06:53

    I’ve also heard happiness if wanting what you have, not having what you want. In this modern era with everybody posting what they do or what they just got it makes it hard as a parent. I’m sure I was bad enough back in the day. It seems like kids are even worse about asking for crap just because somebody else got it. My youngest is on the “that’s not fair” kick. Son, life ain’t fair and fair is a subjective word anyway! Ugh lol.

  3. #3aighead2019-12-11 14:36

    Junkyard, I'm hoping folks like us, that tell our kids that life ain't fair, counteract a lot of the other nonsense that these kids learn nowadays. I worry, sometimes, about the future and the way kids are growing up, but then I remember and find a lot of parents raising their kids properly and I have hope!

  4. #4Junkyard2019-12-11 17:13

    It really bothers me sometimes. At the end of the day I do my best, teach where I can and life will sort out the rest!

  5. #5BigWrench552019-12-11 18:32

    I also don't like the way the kids are raised this day and age. But what gives me comfort is that my kids and the others that are raised to be happy with what they have. And not to whine when things don't go their way. They will be successful and moving forward in their future. While the other snowflakes sit at their parents houses crying about life not being fair, and sticking their hands out to my successful kids. That gives me comfort

  6. #6doublewide2019-12-11 20:41

    I always felt that kids need to grow up a little hungry. And I don't mean food, I mean hungry for life. If you give them everything there's no desire for more. I've also felt that disappointed is a powerful lesson. You don't always get what you want. Life's a lot easier if you figure that out at a young age.

  7. #7Bumpsteer2019-12-11 21:46

    Wisdom.... Being smart enough to walk the other way when something doesn't work right, blows up or breaks. Because you know damn well sooner or later you have to fix it. Ed

  8. #8petepilot2019-12-11 22:13

    knowing when to just keep your mouth shut

  9. #9TD242019-12-11 22:21

    And in some instances,having the guts to open it to impart correction.

  10. #10Fletcher2019-12-17 07:55

    A good one I’ve heard lately on desire. Desire is an agreement with yourself to be unhappy until you achieve what you desire. So be careful what you choose

  11. #11AzIron2019-12-18 21:54

    Happiness is optional So many younger people seem to be scared to fail and in fact failure usually leads to some of the greatest lessons and success life should be an adventure not a task or chore the only person to please is yourself so why would you want to be miserable and no risk then living out of a pickup or camp trailer experiencing things that makes great friends and memories. One thing I really enjoyed growing up was looking at scrap books my grandpa made from his career of operating neat jobs it made me want to go put my mark on the world

  12. #12Muffler Bearing2019-12-26 14:59

    Ya' know, even the ancient Greeks complained about "kids these days." yet somehow our race continues to survive. https://historyhustle.com/2500-years-of-people-complaining-about-the-younger-generation/ there is a very slight chance that once upon a time all of us were, "kids these days"

  13. #13Tarhe Driver2020-01-03 13:37

    Isn't happiness a state of euphoria reserved for really good experiences? Isn't consistent contentment what we should be seeking? I'm no philosopher -- just asking....