Hi , Garrie here, I have a Wombat 50hp bob-cat, they are imported from that pklace that copys motors amongst other things. my problem is the motor in mine has gone to god and i dont want to buy another china motor, the importers said the motor was a copy of a nissan forklift motor but couldnt or wont tell me which model they are copied from. Please anyone out there with one of these i would appreciate your input, Gazzman.:
I cant believe that you can get 200 hits and no one has a comment.Garrie
Garrie, I don't think anyone is trying to be rude; however, I've been around skid steers for many years and I've never seen a Chinese made Wombat here in the US. Most here in the US have not even heard of a Wombat :beatsme
Thanks for the input Digdeep,youre probably right on the money just thought with all the guys out there i might have hit pay dirt, thanks Garrie
Sorry, I just clicked on the link hoping to see a picture. I've never even heard of a Wombat skid steer.
Alco I will be going back up home in about three weeks and will take some pics and post,Garrie
Garrie, I've tried to find some info on this myself, through curiosity, came up to dead ends too. I did find that there is one for sale northern suburbs of Brisbane - with engine pulled apart - is this one yours? I have recently done a little work on one of these - SHHHHH, don't want anyone to know! - not engine work - hydraulic pump falling out of it & then a drive chain , stretched beyond use. For those interested heres a link to au dealer - there is a pdf brochure also http://www.wwcm.com.au/d50/wcm-ht50-skid-steer/
Airman, that mob W.C.M. in the brochure you left are the importers and they are in Western Australia,I have already brought a replacement motor from them about 18 months ago and altough well priced @4500 not such a good buy when they overheat after 120 hours/Id say cheap rings and pistons along with bad machining Head,Block let them down. Not going down that road again, want a well known motor Toyota,Nissan, Perkins etc this time, justneed to find which one the Chinese brain pickers copied for their bob cat. And no the advertised cat you have seen is not mine. Garrie
alrman, Garrie here, i replied to your thread, I too have worked on my ht50 took off the head and had it machined in Bundaberg valves etc, they said the original machining was what you would expect from a 2nd year apprentice, dosent say much for the china factory these motors are churned out from but having said that I think their problem is in the Pistons,Rings, as this motor of mine started blowing smoke at 20 hours and not long after that started running hot and boiling. the pumps and injectors seem to be fine and hold up but unfortunately not the rest. I havent had any problems with the hydraulic pump or drive chains (yet). It is still running but only for about 15 minutes before the water boils and comes out through the top up bottle. Im over it. thanks for ypur reply. Garrie Denny, Gin-Gin.Qld.
Typical of machines not built for Australia - is that the radiators are never big enough to cope with our climate. I have seen this in grey market machines here, over a long period of time, excavators & backhoes. Maybe that is something to look at on your machine & definitely if you repower it with something else.
I think the Perkins 804c-33 will drop right in the machine The herotime machine co in china makes the Wombat, Magnum, and the Racoon, and most are available with a choice of 3 different engines. They are using the 804-d-33 now because it has better emmisions numbers. The racoons never took on in the U.S., and the only support is out of the China plant. You can by parts for the machines in the U.S. because many of the parts in the machines are made in the USA.
Hi Smokey, Garrie here, thanks heaps for that information, the motor in my wombat hd50 is i think a 50 H,P. Do you think you could do me a big favour? Could you check over in USA on the motor youre talking about and possibly get me a price or see whether that motor you mentioned is suitable for a changeover, i would really appreciate it as it is very difficult trying to get ifo from the states from here in Australia. If you havent got yhe time thats fine, and again a big thanks for the info. Garrie, Queensland, Australia.
Hi Garrie, the Perkins will fit right into the wombat 50. your best bet is to get to WCW they sell and suport your machine. ( [email protected] ). Go to there site he could better advise you. I have talked to him and he offered to sell me parts for my Racoon. Also my parts contact in the China plant is( [email protected] )Wnen I order parts from China the freight charges are awful...I have asked Roy for the price of a new engine and when I get it i will post it. the problem you will have is the motor mounts are also diferent and I don't know about thr rest of your features like starter and alternater ECT. but if I were you I would talk to Brian first You might be able to sweet talk roy out of some manuals, but there are also some now that can be down loaded from there site. Let me know if you need any more info.Smokey
Smokey; you are a legend are you the Bandit? Thanks verry much for your help, its good to know there are still good people on this planet. Ill let you know the outcome via this post in the near future. Garrie Denny gives you the YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYay; for the day..
Thanks, The parts man I talked to in AU, At WCW was . There is also a Magnum skid steer dealer in Canada that sells the same parts. Good luck Smokey. When you order parts from China make sure they give you all the shipping charges and fees , and exchange rates up front, because it can realy add up! you will be much better off dealing with WCW, as far as shipping goes. Smokey
Hi all...Ive not long bought a second hand wombat ht 50 and have to pull an axel. Any ideas as to get on of these suckers out? Cheers............Pete
Not to worry. Found this simple solution. In the engine compartment there is a round cover plate that covers the axle locknut and bearing. It is held on with a half doz bolts. Take this plate off, turn it around and place a large diameter nut against the axle and tighten the bolts back up in increments around the plate and the axle will pop free. Don't forget to bend the lock washer tab out of the lock nut and undo the locknut first.
Hi Garry, what was the outcome? I am in the same position. HT50 with the Chinese engine is about to die. I am exploring my options. TIA Liam
Hi Liam, Did you have any joy fixing or replacing your engine