I'm new here so I'll try not to sound too stupid. I've got a 931 loader with a backhoe attachment that I purchased for ranch use. This spring while pushing brush I had a hose come uncoupled under the hoe controls. I believe it was the main line that supplies the hoe attachment. After moving the machine I re coupled the hose, topped off the hydro fluid and then let the machine set for about three months. Yesterday when I went to use it it wouldn't move. Feels like the tranny engages but will not move, but here's the kicker, if while in gear I step on the right brake, the left track will turn. Put it in reverse and the same thing happens, step on the right brake and the left track turns. No brakes, in gear won't budge. I can't get the right track to turn regardless of what I do. Any ideas?
My guess would ne you still have some air in the system and needs to be bled out, or your trans is not full. Check your fluid levels
Your right brake probably is stuck on, when you step on right pedal you release the steering clutch which allows left side to move. did you set the brake lock when you parked the machine. check the external brake linkage. if its all free then the internal brake linkage its probably rusted up and wont let right brake release. since you said you had a backhoe attachment and they have not made them in a long time i'm betting your machine has dry brakes and they a prone for brake pin/ component rusting.
Thanks for the advice, I'll check it out and let y'all know the results. Thanks again!
Sure enough right brake was stuck. Pushed and pulled with the backhoe attachment and spun wth the left track, and she came loose.