Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

wondering about a 110 John Deere

wnydirtguy ยท 2010-05-11 20:29

my dad asked me about them. anyone have one or ran one? just wondering if they are good machines or not.

Replies4
  1. #1Mikefromcny2010-05-11 22:55

    My old neighbor bought one a few years ago. Loader has the skid steer quick tach. Not sure if they are all like this, his had the back hoe, and could be removed to install 3 point hitch arms and pretty sure it had a PTO as well. Think it was about 40 hp and hydrostatic drive. As far as I know he loves it.

  2. #2cgraham12010-05-12 01:15

    Why buy a 40 hp machine when you could buy an 80 hp machine for the same price? I'm sure they are great machines, but once you run a fullsize machine it's really hard to go back and run a small machine.... and they are really expensive! Even used ones.

  3. #3vortechys2010-05-12 09:14

    I have a JD 110 TLB. Have used it for a few years now. Bought it used from a nursery. Did not have the backhoe. I have a small farm with horses, and use it quite often. I really like it. Starts in all kinds of weather . The quick attach skid steer hook up on the front is easy to use and allows quick changing of attachments. I move large round bails with the forks no problem. Have a plow I use for moving snow. Box scraper for the back. Seeder spreader and 55 gal liquid tank . All run off of the PTO. No problems. The 4 wheel drive works great. Goes through mud real well. Wish I had the backhoe attachment. Went to JD dealer , was $10,000 if I ordered it. Too much for me. Could get mini backhoe for less $$. Overall, nice machine. Does everything I need it to do. Glad I found it.

  4. #4Bob Horrell2010-05-12 21:21

    I am on my second one. First one I sold with about 4,000 hrs on it. I have about 5600 hrs on my second one. It is a great machine that is basically trouble free. If you have any specific questions about the machine, l'll try to answer them. I use it both as a backhoe and a skiploader. It does the job of a bigger machine yet gets around in tight spaces much better.