Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Work tool relay

1coolz71 ยท 2024-12-07 16:00

I have a used 2021 259D3 tracked loader. I added a snowblower so I need to use the work tool electric plug. I found that all the relays are missing. I bought them but can't find out if orientation in the fuse box matters. Being a relay, it must make a difference. The relays only have 4 posts so I could put them in 180 deg off. Maybe a pic of someone else's unit with all things working good?

Replies9
  1. #1Nige2024-12-07 16:13

    Got a Serial Number.? I see 4 possibilities.

  2. #21coolz712024-12-07 16:15

    CW907542

  3. #3Nige2024-12-07 16:17

    Is the attached any help.? Can you post a photo of your relay panel. From memory all the relays are installed with the same orientation.

  4. #41coolz712024-12-07 16:20
  5. #51coolz712024-12-07 16:22

    The existing ones for backup alarm etc. are mixed, but that cant be right if its a relay?

  6. #6Nige2024-12-07 16:41

    The relays you want to install should be marked with 30, 85, 86, & 87 next to each of the four pins. Get your tester out and turn on the ignition key. Out of the four sockets on the fuse panel for each relay location, only two of them should be live. These are Pins 30 & 86. See the illustration.

  7. #71coolz712024-12-07 16:44

    Thanks, I'll do that next week when I get back to the job

  8. #8djhutt2024-12-07 21:58

    the relays pictured don't matter which way they go. the coil is on opposite corners and the switched legs are the other opposite corners

  9. #9Cliffy2024-12-08 02:31

    Yep. Orientation doesnt matter with mini relays.