Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Work Vid

Tiny ยท 2011-12-24 19:50

Out of boredom this last week I tried to stick a vid together . I had a ton of pictures of this job and this is about half of them . New UMKC building in downtown Kansas City . Took a 150 ton hydro to set a second half of a walkway to the hospital across the street . This is all new to me . Its not done by a pro . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbqUzMvPzDw

Replies34
  1. #1qball2011-12-24 22:28

    beautiful work, tiny.

  2. #2willie592011-12-24 22:38

    Awesome!

  3. #3Hard Nocks2011-12-25 00:19

    Nice shots, and a cool video!

  4. #4gostr8r2011-12-25 00:35

    Nice work, nice video production and it looks like it took some good control to get around the building on the left and out in line to make the connection. All that with a butt load of deflection staring down at you! Good music too. Wifey loves her AC/DC!

  5. #5Tiny2011-12-25 00:57

    The music worked great .The operator Jack and the tune being Big Jack ..You have to understand that Jack Is pretty reserved in not bragging about what hes done or how big a rig he's run . I enjoy working around him . I sent a CD with this home with him and just said its crane pic's . I have to wait til Tuesday to see what he thinks .

  6. #6willie592011-12-25 01:40

    Me thinks "Jack" is gonna get a helluva laugh outa this one. Nice production work Tiny.

  7. #7Impact2011-12-25 07:56

    Good Job tiny

  8. #8mitch5042011-12-26 01:26

    great video production, and very impressive crane operating, enjoyed it very much once I found the mute button!

  9. #9Tiny2011-12-26 01:50

    LOL , If the music is to loud your getting to old !!! sorry Mitch

  10. #10willie592011-12-26 10:36

    Maybe he's saying he would have preferred Lawrence Welk music Tiny.

  11. #11Tiny2011-12-26 15:41

    OK ...Mitch here's your version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_RG0BcxO7A

  12. #12mitch5042011-12-26 21:42

    Thanks, Tiny That's a lot better!

  13. #13Tiny2011-12-29 21:00

    heres another http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_SKhX6RgT0

  14. #14Tiny2012-03-18 10:00

    Here is a random picture vid .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBkrP1XR_9E

  15. #15qball2012-03-18 21:00

    tiny, you need help.

  16. #16Tiny2012-03-18 21:44

    Thank You Sir , That Means You Agree with my Wife

  17. #17BridgeCraneJen2012-04-05 09:08

    Awesome video, Tiny. Thanks for sharing!

  18. #18gostr8r2012-04-06 02:07

    This link has many vids and a bunch of pics too. My latest project is down to the last stage with jus 3 weeks left to do the last blast door. I'll miss this place, the crews and our customer and the 999 crawler. http://s1029.photobucket.com/albums...ideo-2012-03-30-09-09-27-iPhoneBlastdoor3.mp4

  19. #19BridgeCraneJen2012-04-09 10:27

    Woah! What a tall crane. Cool vid.

  20. #20gostr8r2012-04-09 20:00

    Which crane and which vid, BridgeCraneJen? Ken Burk's? It was up there a pretty good ways!

  21. #21BridgeCraneJen2012-04-10 08:20

    Hey gostr8r It was the mobile 999 crane in the video that plays when you click on your album here: http://s1029.photobucket.com/albums...ideo-2012-03-30-09-09-27-iPhoneBlastdoor3.mp4 It is so tall!!! I am a content writer for Konecranes, so I spend my days writing about overhead cranes. That's probably why I enjoy this forum so much!! I get to see all kinds of cool crane projects that I wouldn't have otherwise!

  22. #22gostr8r2012-04-10 21:20

    I only have 110' of main in that blast door video, because I'm within 6" of scraping the ceiling when I boom up to set the top door. I have run some crawlers with 4x that much tho and put a few shots in that same photobucket album but much further back. Here's one of them [The Orlando International Airport ATC Tower] http://s1029.photobucket.com/albums...ts/?action=view&current=440ofboomlayedout.jpg and another is much further back still of the Orlando Courthouse. That's where Casey Anthony got away scott free for murdering her little girl. http://s1029.photobucket.com/albums...tingarchitecturalprecastwiththe718Tower-1.jpg

  23. #23gostr8r2012-04-13 16:43

    Update. I removed all the blast door files until properly cleared and approved for publication. Sorry gentlemen.

  24. #24BridgeCraneJen2012-04-16 09:05

    Gostr8r, I completely understand. It is such a pain to wait to have things approved!!

  25. #25Tiny2012-05-11 22:12

    One I had buried........................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKpJgj2ezH0

  26. #26RocksnRoses2012-05-12 07:20

    You certainly have to watch them Tiny. Funny you should put that video up today. Last night, just before dusk, I was grading a track through a farmer's paddock, I was on the last run, lightly trimming the top, watching the blade, I looked up and I am staring at four spotlights at eye level, coming down the track towards me, at around 100 mph, then at the last minute they slipped up over the top of the grader. To most people it would have been instant heart attack material, but I have been caught before. A local crop duster, who I happen to know, had been out spreading mouse bait and he was on his way home, of course a grader in the middle of a paddock is just too good an opportunity to let go by, who said barn storming was dead. If I had a camera, it would have been one hell of a photo, but I wouldn't even have had time to get it out. RnR.

  27. #27willie592012-05-12 11:07

    Camera would have made good pic RnR, but a recording of the cuss fest that followed after the duster cleared the cab and rumbled into the distance would have been priceless.

  28. #28Tiny2012-05-12 14:01

    Dug up one more . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovYIFQyxMcU

  29. #29RocksnRoses2012-05-12 17:57

    You are right, Willie, only this time I couldn't stop laughing, he's done it to me quite a few times, it's probably worse when he sneaks up from behind. RnR.

  30. #30willie592012-05-12 21:26

    LoL, yeah, sneak up from behind would most likely scare the s##t out of ya momentarily. :tong And I bet your buddy does it with the hammer down.

  31. #31willie592012-05-12 21:37

    Nice pre-stressed bridge beams Tiny. Do they pour a concrete deck on top of the beams?

  32. #32Tiny2012-05-13 23:34

    Depends on the amount of traffic . Some get asphalt directly on the beams , High traffic gets concrete

  33. #33Blue Shark2012-05-30 16:11

    I also made a working vid in a Liebherr mobile harbour crane!! This is in the port of antwerp!

  34. #34Blue Shark2012-05-30 16:13

    this is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FP1B3WhaZg