Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Working Lights on my 941 Loader

Metalman 55 ยท 2016-11-02 17:36

Finally got some working lights on the 941 loader. When I purchased the machine there were none working & they were mostly smashed & contorted into some unusual shapes from rough use & abuse. The dash lights are not working so ordered 2 new assemblies (9M1305).........hope I had the right part #. Someone had retro fitted with automotive light socket assemblies...........

Replies12
  1. #1Dickjr.2016-11-02 19:48

    24V or 12V? I just bought 2 replacements lights for my Komatsu D39EX , at a price of 135$ per. I hope you faired better.

  2. #2Metalman 552016-11-02 20:23

    The replacement ones that I got are just the regular seal beam type....... the cost was about $55 ea.

  3. #3Nitelite2016-11-08 02:37

    Did you go back with 24 volt lights or replace with 12 volt lights. If you went with the 12 volt, how did you wire them up to the 24 volt system? Nice looking loader!

  4. #4Metalman 552016-11-08 05:26

    They are 24V..........Just noticed Dickjr ask the same question too & I missed seeing that part. Even the dash lights are working now too.

  5. #5Hobbytime2016-11-08 06:25

    just use led lights, they can take from 9 to 30 volts ...so it wont matter what the voltage is..

  6. #6Nitelite2016-11-08 08:51

    Ah, thanks for the tip on the led voltage Hobbytime. I just might light mine up some day. I don't often work past dark but I have walked the machines back to the house in the dark before. Around here you got to be careful running after dark so you won't hit a deer!

  7. #7Dickjr.2016-11-08 18:08

    That is good to know. I am going to change my lights on the 43 , that is if it will run long enough to justify adding lights.

  8. #8Hobbytime2016-11-08 18:19

    I bought a set of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NIHP7ZA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I have them installed on my track loader, they are pretty bright, and im putting a set on a 24 volt komatsu..

  9. #9DMiller2016-11-08 18:58

    I really like the variable color to LED lighting inside, I am very disheartened at the distance bright LED will illuminate when installed outdoors. Installed $2500 worth of LED in the new house inside and out, floodlamps just have no penetration for beam. Very bright up close but really suck at distance.

  10. #10Hobbytime2016-11-08 20:28

    I put the corn cob LED lights in and they light up the whole place for at least 60 yards out seems quit further onto the hay fields...its not like a small beamed flashlight that lights a small area very bright..

  11. #11DMiller2016-11-09 20:29

    We are seeing LED replacement street lamp heads where I work, very bright close in, no penetration into the dark. Just a odd sort of light and everyone I work with or have in family around them states same. On four wheelers, small tractors where a few dozen feet is good they are great but not like the old spot lamps that would carry a beam for a quarter mile.

  12. #12Hobbytime2016-11-09 21:25

    I believe you can get spot LED lights that have that ability..but for a flood light type light is how most of the LED lamps are made..