Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

working on jumping jacks/rammers

Funkyfullwidth ยท 2012-07-20 14:48

I think jumping jacks are my least favorite things to work on. Is there a way to just have the motor run and not the ramming action? I've got three here i've been meaning to get around to working on, but for some reason, i've been putting it off...

Replies3
  1. #1TriHonu2012-12-26 00:12

    I have an older Wacker BS45Y. It has a centrifugal clutch, so at idle it just sets there. It does not start ramming until you rev it up to engage the clutch. Try turning the idle speed down and see what happens.

  2. #2d4c24a2012-12-26 15:38

    go back to the good old days , proper rammer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qyn2v0xZ7o

  3. #3coalroller2012-12-27 00:47

    is this for tuning them that you dont want them to be put in motion? all the jumping jacks i have delt with i wanted them in motion to get them set just right start and run them shut down make minor adjustment to the carb and try again. we disconected the clutch one one and had it running great but when we put it under load it was way off.