Friend of mine has a 710G and I took off the electric unit to have it tested because it looked like somebody had tried to splice in a fuel pump to the injection system pulse wires on the pump and I believe it burned out the system then they lost it while sending it out to test it. Now he's asking me if we can convert it to a manual type system. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated
I wish I had an answer for you.. but I’ve never heard of anyone doing it.. U have a DE-10 electronic injection pump and want to know if anyone had swapped it out to a mechanical injection pump.
Yea they lost the electric unit shipping in to the JD dealer to have it tested. So he asked me if I could convert it to an old type with no electronics
Do you know were we could get good used unit and I could fix the wiring problems. Thanks for getting back to me
A quick Google of that part number and it looks like they are still available.
Right off the bat you would need to R&I the timing gear cover to change the injection pump drive gear for one with a key way, come up with a mechanical throttle pedal/ linkage etc,etc. The part number shown of your original ECU and the latest ECU part # RE532627 are both generic. The unique 710G engine software would need to be flashed on to a used / new ECU at the dealer either way. The dealer will need the complete machine and engine serial numbers and also the current machine hours.
Did you not have the unit insured with the shipper that lost it?
You’ll have to get with one of this forums JD genius’ and provide them with the engine serial number and then they can tell u what the pump number is/was.. & we can go from there.
Thanks, that's what was thinking.
No the customer missed placed it somewhere he thinks he left it at the airport on his return trip but its nowhere to be found.
Thanks I'll just tell him he is going to go to the dealer and then get a new one and then get a technicians to fly over the the island and set it up for him
Thanks
re67597 should work
Thanks that looks like the one same pipeline configuration, someone had mentioned that we would need to change some things in the motor? Gear drive & cover ? I'll let him know
If you buy a new ECU, that can be bench programmed at the dealer and sent to you. No need to fly in a tech.
I might be missing something..?? If ur going with a mechanical inj pump, all u need is an on/off switch for the inj pump solenoid..
And throttle linkage, which would be the biggest hangup. By the time you figure out how to re-engineer and purchase/make what you need to have a hand throttle and a foot throttle, it would be easier and cheaper to buy the ECU. Which brings me to the OP, why was the ECU taken off for testing? What was the specific issue?
Devil's advocate here! Couldn't you simply swap in a 310E pump, hand/foot throttle control? Why wouldn't that work?
If you have what you need for mounting the throttle rod to the injection pump, I guess you could do it.
You also need to change the IP drive gear to a 60 tooth with a key way.