I'm new to excavators and wondering if anyone who knows what their looking at can tell me if I'm making a mistake buying this unit. http://youtu.be/HMWCCBiqiJk Agreed to buy this excavator but have not inspected it yet. I think its a 2000 Takeuchi TB125 with 2,500 hours. What worries me is that of all the ones I have seen for sale none are dented and this one has some dents in the back hood and edges along with a re-spray. How hard is it to dent these up and should I suspect an overly abused unit? The treads also seem to have deep cuts in them which makes me wonder if it saw broken concrete/ demo work. The story is bought from sunbelt rents in 2003 by contractor who supposedly maintained it well until selling to another contractor who bought for a month then resprayed it and decided to sell it. Do you guys see any problems or things I should check into before forking over the cash? It's going to be for a farm, and about 9.5k delivered. What do you guys think? Any input from those in the know is appreciated. Thanks, Mason
I would keep your money and keep looking. A machine that has been rented for most of it's life and has 2500 hours on it has been used and abused. Undercarriage is expensive. There's a reason why the guy is getting rid of it. If you do decide to buy, I would run it for a few hours, or see if the guy would rent/demo for a few days. Personally, I wouldn't touch it.
i have one machine that was a rental, my john deere 310. It wa all cleaned up nice and steam cleaned but after I had it for a little bit I found a lot of issues that were covered up. Just go into the deal realizing that it has probably been runvery hard in the worst conditions and never greased by the renters.
Lot of slop in the bucket pins and I think there was excessive movement in the stick where it pins to boom.
I think you should think twice. You don't want to waste my money, i bet.