Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Would this work?

TLR15 ยท 2015-12-20 14:28

Have a Case 580C with 4-in-1 bucket. I'd like to add quick couplings off the circuit that opens the clam shell part of the bucket. I'm considering adding a snow plow and would like to control the plow angle by the left/right bucket control. Has anyone done something similar? Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1Delmer2015-12-20 14:52

    Yes, that will work.

  2. #2Canadian_digger2015-12-20 15:27

    That's how it's done when you want to put an angle blade on.

  3. #3TLR152015-12-20 15:27

    great thanks!

  4. #4TLR152015-12-20 15:33

    This is my first backhoe so forgive me if that was a newbie question. So I should be looking for two T's with the coupling on it?

  5. #5Delmer2015-12-20 16:23

    No, then it would operate both functions together. You want three pairs of quick couplers, or two female and four male would make more sense. Switch back and forth.

  6. #6TLR152015-12-20 16:55

    Of course. Thanks very much.

  7. #7farmerlund2015-12-20 17:13

    leave the 4 in 1 bucket plumbed as it is. just install high pressure ball valves in line with a tees with couplers on the tractor side of line. when you have the angle blade off of loader leave ball valves open and 4 in 1 will operate normally. with angle blade mounted hook up couplers, close ball valves to 4 in 1. than only the angle blade works.

  8. #8TLR152016-01-01 09:32

    I've been giving this further thought. Will the hoses and cylinders on the plow handle the pressures the tractor is putting out? I doubt it. My hydraulics are more than 3000 psi, plows are less than 2000. And obviously ALL the fluid would have to be flushed out first. Most plow pumps have no filtering capabilities so there must be some crap floating around in there. So now I'm thinking a 10' blade and a modified angle that can be manually turned and locked into place. It would be great to have the power angle but in my situation I wouldn't need to change the angle often. Am I overthinking it? Anyone done this? Thanks Also to the moderator...can my duplicate post be removed? Sorry. I got fat fingers!