Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Would you recommend Sumitomo?

Wibble ยท 2023-05-06 19:36

A friend who doesn't speak a word of English is thinking of buying either the Sumitomo SH210 LC-6 or the SH250-6LC. Do any of you gents have opinions on these machines?

Replies5
  1. #1KSSS2023-05-06 20:28

    That looks to be the equivalent to the Link Belt X4 or CASE D series machines sold in the US built by Sumitomo. Looks like your versions are Tier 3 but with the same Isuzu engine. I have a 2020 160X4 and I am really happy with it. The hydraulics are excellent, its fast and powerful, the engine sips fuel. This is my third Sumitomo, I will continue to buy them.

  2. #2skyking12023-05-06 21:02

    I would do some research on parts and support availability near your friend. ^KSSS says they are good machines, that is my only question.

  3. #3Wibble2023-05-07 04:59

    I'm surprised that Case, as big as they are, sell these machines under their own branding. Thank you for the input, I guess if you have 3 of these already then that speaks volumes.

  4. #4Wibble2023-05-07 05:04

    Out here in the South Pacific islands you generally have to fend for yourself regarding either after sales service and/or parts; it can be paradise ....... until something breaks.

  5. #5skyking12023-05-08 10:18

    That puts it in perspective.