Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

WOW this thing is huge!!!

tonka ยท 2009-12-01 21:44

My buddy Jason saw this on US 25 just North of Greenville,SC

Replies15
  1. #1prenn1984@gmail2009-12-01 21:55

    wow wonder what the heck it is?!

  2. #2hvy 1ton2009-12-01 22:02

    Never seen goldhofer trailers supporting a cradle like that before. Looks like Mammoet trucks and a banner on the surprisingly non-color-matched cradle. Isn't there a big GE or similar company factory near Greenville? I loves me some C500's, only thing cooler than T800H's.

  3. #3watglen2009-12-01 23:58

    What was it before it got run over by a bridge?

  4. #4tonka2009-12-02 11:57

    Here is a video of it rolling...WOW! http://www.greenvilleonline.com/section/VideoNetwork?bctid=53050903001

  5. #5WColtharp2009-12-02 13:14

    There are close up pics and a link to another video in another forum I read. I don't know if it would be wrong or not to post it here on Heavyequipmentforums so I'll PM you a link if you would like.

  6. #6tonka2009-12-02 13:38

    Thanks man, here's the link oh well if i get banned oh well... http://forums.dhsdiecast.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=123699

  7. #7JDOFMEMI2009-12-02 16:17

    There have been posts in each forum referencing and linking to content in the other one. That is how I found HEF a few years back. Should be nothing wrong with it. It did not seem to be an issue until some recent threads. By the way, that is some load.

  8. #8JointVenture2009-12-02 17:42

    Not to take away from the amazing move, and trust me, I'm impressed ... but why on Earth wouldn't they building something like that in place? Did I see something about Japan in one of the videos? It wasn't made in Japan was it? :usa JV

  9. #9stepp33602009-12-02 20:14

    It's a generator for the Duke energy's Cliffside plant in North Carolina. It's a one month long trip. Check the DHS Die cast forum for more information. John

  10. #10Reuben2009-12-07 10:46

    On the video..... did Anyone notice the flat tire on the back of the front set of trailer wheeles. Funny thing when i noticed it i was thinking hope they dont get a flat tire.

  11. #11jimmyjack2009-12-07 18:20

    i saw that last monday night going over rt 85 on my way back to my hotel , pretty cool to see it, he must have sent it in the morning

  12. #12jimmyjack2009-12-12 20:18

    YouTube - 1.9 Million lb generator move by Mammoet through Johnston, SC

  13. #13supt2009-12-14 20:14

    nice pictures!!!!!!!!!

  14. #14Fordpickupman2010-01-28 17:52

    Wow.......That is impressive.....The preparations for that must have been a nightmare, road closers, permits, etc. wow...

  15. #15Cat is ALL2010-01-29 01:22

    Fairly soft job to be the truck driver when they move that thing.