started on a new job today for SEPTA (south eastern pennsylvania transportation). were doing new rail bed and some LARGE retaining walls. so today I show up and the forman says the newone is for you! brand new 328D ok so its not a 385 or a 365. but ts new and actualy runs pretty good. we started today building some benches for loading the trucks. I will update picts as the project progresses enjoy!:drinkup
some more we also had some demo of old electric lines and various other things
i estimated that job...have fun dealing with your PM out there HAHAHAHAHA she is a piece of work
last ones for today oh ya the wire on the fence is fiber-optic they say about a mil an hour if we hit it. its not the first time ive been around it and it wont be the last.
shes a caint understand normal thinking!!!:Banghead
well after she got done destroying Exeter I would hate to be around her on this one...you guys have quite a bit of work to do on this job...a lot of material and work...i know it like the back of my hand...5 retaining walls, a bunch of stone, structrual fill, ballast, etc... they left a good bit of money on the table too when they won that thing good to see they are buying new equipment with all the money they are saving by laying off so many people....cough cough
MAn going to a new company I would think that they would put you on an old junker but mabe its the experience. When I moved from my old company to new one they put me on an old machine and said lets see what you can do.
ON an new job not started a new job sorry for the mis-understandng. Ive been here for almost 10 years but I did take a 4 year break from them and moved to California..but when the market tanked we moved back to Pannsylvania
Thats my fault i should have read it better
Congrats! Looks like an interesting job and new hoe to run to boot.:drinkup
thats supposed to be an interesting track hoe, doesnt it make max hydraulic pressure at a real low rpm??? rbrduck
Once again congrats Kevin. Now we'll just have to watch the pics progress for that first scratch in the counterweight. I know your good.... but it will happen.
Some people get all the luck, new machine, rate work, lol.:usa But I know where about 10,000 tons of your AASTHO #1's stone is sitting. Good pics Kevin, looking forward to the updates.
cant scratch this one burnout you will never let me forget it. especially since its zero turn .
so have you run the machine? or do you know the answer to my question? thanks duck
Glad to see people working....Not a fan of SEPTA or fast Eddie Rendell their favorite Politician
You build it, I'll certify it, Septa is a PITA because of that funky wide gage they run on those tracks.
yes sorry for the delay! correct . This is one dang strong hoe. and verry stabel too. compared to our PC308's its much more stable more power just over all a much nicer machine
I like the 328 but dang the cabs are small and those stupid doors that I always forget how to open. Komatsu 228 are nice too.
Slight hijack... Dozerboy, I'm skinny, but tall and would have to agree that the cabs on the 328 and 321's are small, but I think they are either layed out better or slightly larger than the komatsu 228's. Could just be me though:beatsme I've joined hoeman on this job, and so... a few pics from my angle.
Mmmmmm I spot something sexy in pic number 4. And no its not hoeman or jimbruce.
The foreman by the light plant?
If thats what gets your crank movin... give er. But I was thinkin the track loader.
Nice Very nice pics!
Very Nice, do they need any help. Ive run one of those 328 before, turn on the heat slip in CD and go to work. Those machines are good for tight spots, turning, I believe they dont have a conventional counter weight. You should be good to go.
I was just joking with you.
The pre-cast retainer wall looks interesting do ya'll have any more pictures of it?
haha, I wouldn't think you were interested in a little ol' 63D yeah, its a Close Radius machine like the 321's. Hoeman can attest to how stable a machine it is short answer yes.... long answer, Yes I do on my desktop, which :bash a few days ago, so until I get my files off of it and on this new one... I can't post anything.
good to see you guys are churning away on that job...obviously not today though, it is hammering down rain...keep up the pics guys, I am curious to see how they finally decided to build this job
good luck with your new job
Thx, for your pics.
Nice zero turn never seen one bigger than a 320 love that new hoe smell