Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

wrist twist bucket

jook24 ยท 2017-04-13 09:22

would like to build wrist bucket for my excavator how does a person connect the 2 hydraulic cylinders to gether on the bucket

Replies8
  1. #1JoshA2017-04-13 10:50

    Are you asking how to plum the cylinders together hydraulically? Curious why you're building your own?

  2. #2jook242017-04-13 12:12

    yes how you plumb the 2 cylinders together cheaper than buying one have the bucket already

  3. #3Shimmy12017-04-14 10:12

    The port on the rod end of one cylinder gets teed with the port on the barrel of the other for one line, and vice versa for the other. I would recommend installing pilot operated check valves in the lines to lock the cylinders, otherwise your bucket might be unstable. The valves are about $200 each. I've posted a pic of how I made mine work. There is a valve on each side.

  4. #4jook242017-04-15 09:24

    Thanks for your advice

  5. #5kellybarunimate2017-04-17 05:05

    always Confused the excavators buckets teeth with the drilling buckets teeth.

  6. #6pp13bnos2017-04-17 21:13

    Hey Shimmy, any other pictures of your bucket? Looks pretty cool from what I can see.

  7. #7Shimmy12017-04-17 22:50

    Don't take a lot of pictures. Contrary to what quite a few others feel about SEC buckets, i have had good luck with this one. I think the addition of the lock valves would have stabilized the bucket acceptably, but the pin bosses on the original cylinders were all slopped out due to cheap Chinese steel. I had new cylinders built as large as i could physically fit on the bucket. I can lift the hoe up with a corner of the bucket now, and the cylinders do not move. The first pic is what the original cylinders looked like.

  8. #8pp13bnos2017-04-18 14:28

    I could see how this would be useful.