I didn't know where to post this but hopefully someone can help. Somehow when looking up my MX track on google there is link showing the track is closed. I had some riders tell me about it. I don't know how that link was ever started. You don't even have to open it, it's just shows up. All I have officially right now is a website where I post updates. I've seen the same type of links for other types of businesses as well. It has overview, reviews, photo's and website across the top. Does anyone know if there's a way to remove this link or change the hours?
Right, so go onto google maps, find yourself on the map and there will be a red pin marker to show the location and the name of the business or whatever. click on the pin, it should bring up a side bar with information about the business or whatever. at the bottom of the first box of information there should be a little box that says " suggest an edit" ( also above it should be "claim this business" I'd do that ) click the suggest an edit and it will let you suggest things like opening times etc, go through that then claim the business before someone with an agenda does.
Slightly off topic, but I find that people these days will put a whole heap of faith in google maps rather than use just a tad of common sense. We live 60 miles from the nearest town and the driveway to our property has a huge 10ft tall slab of granite with a sign bolted to it just 20ft off the road. For some reason, google has our address pinned several miles up the road. Despite telling them about the big rock, it is surprising how many people will drive right past it, instead, looking for the elusive pin.
It's weird, it's either one way or the other, my work address is not where anyone expects it to be 5 miles into the middle of know where, but if you use google maps it gets you to literally my desk in the office lol, so when people ask for directions I tell them to follow google.
Google will correct it. Follow the steps above. You can also have Google edit the pin location. I've had to do it for at least 10 addresses. The kenworth dealer here in WV was at least 6 miles off, down the wrong side of the mountain.
Thanks so much. When I first tried to edit, the hours never came up. Clicking on the red pointer on the map brought it up. I clicked on offensive and misleading which was the closest of the options. It's BS that Google does that. It comes up first in a search of the track and you don't even have to go into a website. I'm sure it has cost me business. I tried to edit hours and it didn't let me save it. Now when I Google the track the Google link doesn't even show up. This is absolute BS! How many other businesses are they posting they're closed? It could cost some businesses a lot of money.
Name of track, so I can Google it.
The Google link appears to have been removed after I tried to edit thd times.
For the last 3 years of my business Google said we were not open week days. We could never get it changed. Google shows a house a couple miles down the road from me as my address. It even has a picture of his house instead of mine. No matter what I say most new people follow google. I now send a picture of my house and the entrance of my driveway to people that need directions.
Google certainly isn't helping anybody or their business by posting wrong info especially saying businesses are closed. They could have cost me over $500 this past weekend and who knows how much over the year. I was flooded for a couple month's but have had a few weekends since where I was open.
Give me a location and 'll sort it. Google doesn't do anything, someone else has clicked onto that location and created a business at that location. Anyone can do it anywhere, for giggles if you have an EXwife you can click where they live and create a business there with ANY name you want! Or friends who have a good sense of humour can have all sorts of business's named at their abode. Hence why I said claim it asap before someone else with an ulterior motive does, as far as I know once claimed, only the claimant can edit details.
It appears to have been removed.
I see it on Google search.