I have question, Is it OK to keep the boom above the ground while waiting for the truck or resting?
Welcome to the Forums 679! Glad to have you. Not familiar with XCMG excavators but when I'm loading trucks with one of our Cats I'll have a fully loaded bucket waiting on the next truck to be loaded.
Thanks for responding. Is it a hazard to leave in the air when the bucket is empty but the operator is inside.
I wouldn't say so, the operator is there and in control of the machine. If the operator were to leave the cab then it would be advisable to bring the bucket down to the ground.
I am trying to teach myself that when I am not actively "doing something" with the machine to do this...raise the lockout handle for the hydraulics to be "off"...a safe position. Accidentally bumping a control with the hydraulics engaged could be catastrophic. I am down here in S. GA gnat country. Some got in the cab yesterday and while I twisted in the seat to clear the air (they get in nose, ears, eyes) I bumped the right joystick...boom extended to front...which I did not realize until I untwisted. Surprise...bucket was not where I left it. Gnats 1, Gary 0. Cheap lesson...bucket was about 5 feet from the barn, traveled about 10 feet without my knowledge. Distractions can be dangerous...learning to minimize variables. Learning to engage the lockout as a habit. Same as I do running a chainsaw...engage the chainbrake when not cutting.