I have an old Yale 1303 running on propane. It has never given me any trouble, but it decided it was about time. There doesn't seem to be much information on the web to help The bit I need to know first is: What is the engine it is powered with? It is a 4 cyl ohv.:Banghead Thanks
I have learned that it is a 4000lb forklift with the number GLC040ABJUA5083
Any chance of a picture of the engine? Are the spark plugs sticking straight up out a fairly flat top of the engine? Something like this Continental F163? Very common engine in old Yales
No, I wish it was! It turns out it is probably a Mazda 2.0 VA engine and my problem is the magnetic pick up in the distributor which seems to be obsolete! It is an ME14. I have found it on the web, with No Inventory. The control module it is associated with is an Echlin TH85. If I could find a distributor, I would just change it to points. Thanks for your response!
Ah....you fooled me when you said "old Yale". I guess old to me would be ancient to you We have a 92 Yale GP040 and its powered by a Mazda engine so you're on the right track. Only thing I can suggest is to find a forklift dealer who sells the "Total Source" line of parts. They often keep selling items the OEM has discontinued and at a fair price too. As a note of interest, the local Yale dealer swears our machine does not exist even after being sent pictures of the machine and the serial number plate. Yale's documentation must leave something to be desired.
I now have an improvised timing pickup installed and am looking for timing marks!!! Ahhhggg! Where or where are they... I wish I could find some info on the Mazda VA