Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yale transmission not working

wayne w ยท 2018-04-24 09:58

I'm helping an older gent around his shop and he asked me to look at an older forklift. It looks to be an early 70's model with a flathead 6 and a combination of clutch and fluid /torque convertor. The problem is that I can't disengage the clutch to shift any gears. I have checked to see that the friction plate is not stuck to the flywheel, the clutch linkage moves freely. I tried adjusting the clutch through the range of adjustment. Am I looking at the fluid coupler now ? Thanks Wayne

Replies2
  1. #1tool_king2018-04-29 22:16

    What model Yale is it and serial number would be helpful so can look in the right book.If not sure take some pictures of it and post.

  2. #2wayne w2018-04-30 08:42

    thanks for the reply, will do today