Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yanmar 3tnv88 3d88e

John V ยท 2024-07-30 20:24

Hello, So my mini x was starved of oil and threw a rod through the side of the block. I'll be needing at least a new short block (and a new camshaft), although I might prefer a used complete engine. The PC35MR-2 has a Yanmar 3D88E-5P engine. From what I can understand, this is the same as a 3TNV88. Can anyone confirm this? It appears Deere 35D also uses a 3tnv88. If so that would increase my search net if I'm to find a used complete engine. Anyone here a yanmar engine pro?

Replies1
  1. #1John V2024-08-01 14:16

    I found a used complete low hour 3tne88. Looks like it uses the same block so the flywheel housing and motor mounts should bolt up. Various vendors selling crankshafts show the same part working on the 3tnv88 and 3tne88, so flywheel should also bolt right on. Wondering what the differences are between the 3tne and 3tnv's?