Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yanmar 4 ton track problem

Hawley ยท 2024-10-31 15:14

Yanmar. One track went into neutral. Are there solenoids or is it a hydraulic issue? I checked the final drive and there didn't appear to have any metal in it.

Replies5
  1. #1Tones2024-11-01 01:11

    Your post is a little vague. Do you mean that the track freewheels? Or it won't move at at all? Both have entirely different repairs.

  2. #2Hawley2024-11-01 10:38

    The track freewheels.

  3. #3Tones2024-11-01 13:53

    That tells me the spline on the sungear shaft is kaput. Depending on the series it may have a coupler which connects to the out put shaft on the motor or it'll connect to the rotating group in the hydraulic motor.

  4. #4Hawley2024-11-01 16:01

    Thank you very much. I appreciate the help. We're working on it. (It's a Yanmar V10 35, if I need ask anything more.)

  5. #5Tones2024-11-01 18:34

    If you can post a photo of the hub from the outside and of the motor, it'll help identify it.