Hey guys! I have a Kobelco SK45SR with a Yanmar 4tne88 with 2800hrs. Changed the oil recently and noticed there was water in the oil when I dumped the old oil into the waste barrel. Anyone know these engines well enough to guide me in the right direction to get this fixed? Thanks in advance!
I know them well enough to say they never have problems in generator applications. So I can't speak to a pattern failure here. I would install UV dye in the coolant. Remove the valve cover and pressurize and light it up, and see where it is coming from, if you can. If you can remove the pan, do that also. Failing all this, remove it to the bench. It's a tiny engine, should not be too hard, but maybe it is hard in the tiny excavator. It is a bone simple engine, not much to go wrong.
@Birken Vogt thank you for pointing me in the right direction! I'll grab some dye this week and hopefully find the source of the issue this weekend. This is actually my first problem I've had with the motor, doesn't matter if it's freezing cold or blistering hot she starts everytime without hesitation. I'll report back after I put the dye in and pressurize it... thanks again!
So after putting dye in the coolant and letting it circulate I'm not seeing anything when I go over the motor, radiator, and water pump. I looked over the motor to see if there's any spots rain water could be making its way in the oil but I can't find any. Any ideas? Thanks Everyone
Now that you've circulated the dye, time to pressurize the cooling system. I like to warm them up with the rad cap off, shut it down, then pressurize to what ever the cap rating is. If unknown, I usually stop at 12psi.